What's new

Attention Deanna Durbin fans: That Certain Age (1938), Mad About Music (1938) and Nice Girl? (1941) are coming to Blu-ray! (1 Viewer)

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Can some one if possible post links to these theee films on Amazon or Amazon.ca?

thanks!

Nice Girl?:

That Certain Age:

Both of these have shipped and are due to me Thursday (ish)

I never did find MAD ABOUT MUSIC on Amazon. I had to order it on moviezyng and it will take about a week, according to their website:

dukiejosh54

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Ya it's strange Amazon doesn't have all three films. My copy of That Certain Age just shipped from Amazon today, I guess I'm going to get the other two from movie zyng because no one else seems to have them in stock. Bullmoose has all three titles for 15.97 but it says they are available to special order.

ColbyCo82

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
I pre-ordered these and Trail of the Lonesome Pine from movie zyng. Has anyone had their order ship yet?

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
My Amazon order with NICE GIRL and TRAIL OF THE LONESOME PINE arrived today (with THAT CERTAIN AGE due tomorrow) so that's good news. The details were so sketchy (not even a cover picture for NICE GIRL on Amazon!) that I wasn't entirely convinced they were even real until I held them in my hand! They just got here so I'll pop the in as soon as I'm able.

dukiejosh54

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I got That Certain Age In the mail from amazon today, I canceled my Nice Girl? from amazon and ordered it and Mad About Music from Moviezyng with a 10% off coupon. I talked to someone from Moviezyng and they said distributers are really behind right now so it could take 4-6 days before orders are shipped.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I talked to someone from Moviezyng and they said distributers are really behind right now so it could take 4-6 days before orders are shipped.
Oh my God, I READ that as 4-6 weeks!!! LOL

I thought that would have been strange because the company that owns moviezyng is purported to be the same company that manufactures the discs for Universal so I wouldn't expect that to be an issue with them. 4-6 DAYS I can deal with!

dukiejosh54

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Oh my God, I READ that as 4-6 weeks!!! LOL

I thought that would have been strange because the company that owns moviezyng is purported to be the same company that manufactures the discs for Universal so I wouldn't expect that to be an issue with them. 4-6 DAYS I can deal with!
Haha I would of canceled my order if it was going to be that long. I am a bit confused though because as you said they manufacture the disc so wouldn't they be considered the distributor?

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Haha I would of canceled my order if it was going to be that long. I am a bit confused though because as you said they manufacture the disc so wouldn't they be considered the distributor?

Well I was going to ask you if they were referencing the Uni MODs specifically or did the person just think you meant "in general." Who knows, though?

dukiejosh54

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Well I was going to ask you if they were referencing the Uni MODs specifically or did the person just think you meant "in general." Who knows, though?
They were referencing orders in general. I had messaged them over the weekend to ask how long pre-orders take to be shipped. They said they usually ship the day before release day but distributors are really behind right now and it could take 4-6 days after release. Maybe they were talking about their own distribute center, I'm not sure how it all works lol

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Well, I'm thoroughly satisfied with the two Durbin titles I've received. THAT CERTAIN AGE looks absolutely terrific with tons of detail present in the really strong transfer they've given us. It has a lot of grain and is very similar in appearance to the THREE SMART GIRLS GROW UP disc that Kino released earlier. NICE GIRL? is a visually less distinguished transfer (kind of like IT STARTED WITH EVE was in the last set) but, considering the really sub-par interlaced DVD that was released, it's miles better than what was available. I'm very happy with both purchases (I have a soft spot for THAT CERTAIN AGE so I'm very happy it looks as good as it does.)

I'm patiently waiting for MAD ABOUT MUSIC. I got the notice yesterday (I think?) that it has shipped from Moviezyng but I only popped for standard shipping and the website tells me that may take a WEEK to get here. Oh well, you get what you pay for, I guess.

One MINOR MINOR quibble I have (beyond the fact that they're bare bones discs with only subtitles ON or OFF as the menu choices) is that the CERTAIN AGE cover looks really shoddy. A good portion of it is in midnight blue with black text over it that you have to really struggle to even be able to read. It honestly looks like a bootleg cover, lol.

Last edited:

dukiejosh54

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I finally got my copy of Nice Girl? and Mad About Music in the mail today from Moviezyng. This is what i found when i opened my sealed copy of Mad About Music. At first i didn't even notice it was the wrong movie until i seen the WB logo lol. I'm starting to wonder if Mad About Music even exist lol

Attachments

• 20210708_152246.jpg
    20210708_152246.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
  • 20210708_152301.jpg
    20210708_152301.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks