1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Attention Canadian Shoppers

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Andrew Chong, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Supporting Actor

The prince of Persia and two with Jet Li.
    For the PC, the excellent Prince of Persia Warrior Within by Canada's own Ubisoft has great gameplay, graphics, and sound (5.1 available if you have something called Dolby Digital Live). It comes on three CD-ROMs plus a manual (not just an electronic manual). It's $9.95 at both Best Buy Canada and Futureshop.
    Two single-disc DVD titles featuring Jet Li, Unleashed and Hero, have been packaged together today. Zellers has the package for $21.87.

2. GregClarke

GregClarke Stunt Coordinator

Bought a 24" Wega crt at Zellers yesterday for $127.50 ($150 clearance - 15% off all crt). They only had 2 at Gloucester Centre which sold in 2 minutes, but said there may be more at other stores.

3. Andrew Chong

Memory card stuff and one from Disney
    Canada Computer has a SanDisk 8-in-1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 card reader that can read CompactFlash Types I and II, Memory Stick and Memory Stick PRO, SmartMedia, xD-Picture Card, MultiMediaCard, and SD Card. They have a three-percent cash discounted price of $19.99.
    Their memory card prices are quite good too: $59.99 for a regular 1GB SanDisk CompactFlash card, $74.99 for the faster Ultra II version. Alas, I believe they are situated only in Ontario, though they have an online store too.
    For tomorrow (Tuesday) only, you can get the new two-disc Lady and the Tramp 50th Anniversary Edition for $19.87 at Zellers.

4. Soah

Soah Agent

5. Andrew Chong

HMV has some more great DVD deals
    HMV continues adding nice titles to their two DVDs or CDs for $30 sale.
    Relatively new additions include:
    • the two-DVD Led Zeppelin set with DTS option which contains footage from Madison Square Garden, Royal Albert Hall, Earls Court, and Knebworth concerts.
    • the single-disc, slightly edited, Kung Fu Hustle which features a commentary in the participants' natural language (Chinese) with English subtitles plus a behind the scenes program also in the participants' natural language with English subtitles.
    • the two-DVD Million Dollar Baby.
    • and more.

6. Soah

Soah Agent

king kong 2 disc and single disc version same price at zellers today only for $19.87!!!

sopranos seasons 1-3 $50 each at Costco and just under $49 each at Walmart

7. Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin Supporting Actor

The original Planet of the Apes 6 dvd set is on sale at Future Shop for $32. Not sure if this is the new anamorphic dvds or just the old dvds, but that's a great price if all you want are the movies.

8. Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin Supporting Actor

oops..sry..double post

9. CraigF

CraigF Producer

Craig
    Some TV on DVD 2-set combo packs cheap at Wal-Mart. IMO the best deal is S1&2 of Dead Like Me for $33 (I paid way more than twice that). I picked up S1&2 of Green Acres for $24. Most seem to be older series. I remember Bewitched S1&2 for $44 (color only), Married With Children S2&3 for $44, Soap S1&2 for $33. Some are relatively newer series, sometimes two S1's from two different series together. Worth a look. Some sci-fi series.

10. Andrew Chong

Martin Scorsese movies plus
    Happy Victoria Day!
    The Martin Scorsese Film Collection which contains New York, New York, Raging Bull Special Edition (two discs), The Last Waltz, and Boxcar Bertha is now an unbelievable $19.99 at HMV!
    Also, Warner's special two-disc of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is now part of HMV's two for $30 selection.

11. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

That's not all that's $19.99 at HMV......I saw today that all 3 seasons of Gilligan's Island and Wonder Woman were that price as well.....so was Season 1 of Fresh Prince and the first 3 seasons of Dukes Of Hazzard.
    Really tempted to get Gilligan's Island. [​IMG]

12. Andrew Chong

A few great deals by Zellers
    The four-DVD Director's Cut edition of Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven masterminded by Charlie de Lauzirika (I find myself without hesitation picking up works led by the likes of Charlie, David Prior, and Michael Pellerin) is $24.97 at Zellers.
    Also at Zellers, each of the most recent two-DVD editions, featuring remastered image and sound (plus dts option), of Toy Story and Toy Story 2 is $19.87.

13. Dave Gilbert

Dave Gilbert Second Unit

HMV has X-Men and X2: X-Men United on sale for $5.99 apiece.

HMV also has deals on Fox TV DVD sets: selected seasons of Arrested Development, Firefly, Futurama, the Simpsons and more are on sale at $24.99

14. Andrew Chong

Even more price reductions on DVDs at HMV
    Two Kevin Smith anniversary editions Clerks X (with its wonderful documentary, both versions of the movie, plus a feature-length video commentary; I get hungry watching the participants chow down on their burgers) and Mallrats have a package price of $19.99.
    Corpse Bride with its isolated score track is now a selection in HMV's two for $30 sale. The two-disc editions of The Right Stuff (part of Warner's much lauded double-disc special editions) and Starship Troopers (also has an isolated score track) are also selections in this sale.
    Like the earlier post re: Zellers, each two-disc edition of Toy Story and Toy Story 2 is now $19.99 at HMV as well.
    [​IMG]HMV!

15. GregClarke

GregClarke Stunt Coordinator

TigerDirect has the Harmony 628 on clearance for $32.97 + $10 shipping.
    I got Best Buy (current price $99.99) to price match for 37.69 + tax = 42.97

The manager wouldn't price match as it's a "while quantites last" special, but after some discussion he called TigerDirect who confirmed they had lots.

16. Andrew Chong

Beastie Boys' latest DVD
    As evidenced by their Criterion Collection anthology release, the Beastie Boys aren't content to release a round-of-the-mill DVD release.
    Today sees the release of their latest, Awesome; I ... Shot That! which documents the Beasties' Madison Square Garden concert where they handed out about 50 camcorders to the audience to record the concert and other goings on. Bonuses include a full-length alternate angle of the multiple cameras, full-length a cappella vocal tracks, a band commentary, and more.
    You can get it with an extra-large t-shirt (featuring the Star Wars-inspired title graphics) at HMV for $12.99. Or get it with one of five ringtones at Best Buy Canada for $9.99.

17. CraigF

CraigF Producer

Craig
    A couple of 2-packs I'd recommend from Wal-Mart. They advertised them in their flyers a couple weeks before they became available, JIC you forgot...

The Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2, and the 40-Year-Old Virgin/Wedding Crashers ones. ~$22 each, about what they're selling the individual discs for. All good movies, with WC being IMO by far the worst but worth a view if you haven't seen it. 40YOV is one you'll probably watch a bunch of times, these are the unrated/uncorked versions. KB is cheap enough that those waiting for "proper" R1 DVD versions (like me!) can get it and not feel too bad...

18. AnthonyL

AnthonyL Stunt Coordinator

Craig.. I saw The Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2, and the 40-Year-Old Virgin/Wedding Crashers 2 packs for $19.99 @HMV. as of Aug. 2.

19. CraigF

CraigF Producer

Craig
    That's the way to do it!

Admit I don't go to HMV much, and they don't advertise around here. And WM has been *just a bit* over-priced on discs lately, so I'm not surprised at all. I hope the sarcasm intended in "just a bit" stands out... We shall not discuss FS and BB even, they seem to have gone back to their old ways and only offer really old stuff/versions at reasonable prices.

Oh well, I was a KB DVD holdout and I've already watched them, so too late for me. If it was more $$ I'd do the price match thing...

20. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Speaking of HMV.....anyone who happens to go by the Yonge/Dundas store in downtown Toronto and owns a Sony PSP should check out their newly opened basement which houses the Video Games Dept. As a doorcrasher, they are selling a nice selection of UMD movies for $7.99 a piece! The selection includes some Universal, New Line, Miramax, Dimension and Lionsgate titles:
    All 4 American Pie films,
    The Bourne Identity & Supremacy
    Pitch Black & Chronicles Of Riddick: UR
    Clerks
    From Dusk Till Dawn
    Domino
    Terminator 2
    Total Recall
    The Fast & The Furious and its sequel
    The Crow
    Friday
    Dumb & Dumber
    Kill Bill Vols. 1 & 2
    Blade
    Serenity
    Austin Powers
    Animal House
    Happy Gilmour
    Billy Madison
    Hero
    Resident Evil: Apocalypse
    Pulp Fiction
    Rush Hour 1 & 2
    Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle
    Van Wilder
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Remake)
    The Butterfly Effect
    Doom
    Land Of The Dead
    Made
    There you have it.....there may be a few that I missed though. Get 'em while you can. [​IMG]
    *EDIT*- looks like this deal can be found at other HMVs.....found a similar (albeit much smaller) selection of titles at the Square One shop in Mississauga. YMMV at other locations.