What's new

ATTENTION: Beast Wars fans (1 Viewer)

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
I just read a blurb on another BBS that Rhino will release a complete season box set of the first season of Transformers: Beast Wars later this year. Meaning that if you already have the first two volumes, you'll have to rebuy those.

Fortunately I have some friends that would probably buy mine from me.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Read up on the various releases and news.

That box set was originally said to be due in July, but rumors have reached us lately that it's been moved to August (around the same time as G1 Season 3). I'm not saying that for sure, though, until confirmation comes along.

If you've been collecting USA releases of BW, then you're right, the best thing to do is plan to ditch them. Keep in mind that the box set announcement doesn't seem to be official, and isn't up on the big e-tailers yet, so hang on to them until the set is for-sure.

If you've been collecting Canadian DVDs of BW (like me), then ignore all of this. You probably have through V3 already, and V4 ships this week. So you will have the entire Season 1 long before the USA release collectors.

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
If you've been collecting Canadian DVDs of BW (like me), then ignore all of this. You probably have through V3 already, and V4 ships this week. So you will have the entire Season 1 long before the USA release collectors.
That's true, but those only have DD 2.0 soundtracks, correct? The Rhino versions have 5.1 soundtracks and the .LFE channel gets a good work-out.

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
That box set was originally said to be due in July, but rumors have reached us lately that it's been moved to August (around the same time as G1 Season 3). I'm not saying that for sure, though, until confirmation comes along.
Yes, that's great news. Hopefully they'll release a combined box set of Season 2 & 3, as there's only 13 episodes a piece in those.

As for the series itself, I loved it. It took the greatness that was G1 and gave it a kick in the pants for us adults that were kids in the '80s. The violence is what does it for me. Some of the hand-to-hand combat is brutal, and some of the cold-hearted weapon shots are hysterical. I love Rhinox's gatling guns.

Stephen Heath

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for this thread, I didn't even know it was coming out next week and I've been collecting the Canadian ones ever since they were the only ones available.

Of course, this finishes Season 1 of the Canadian ones, so if Rhino gets off it's butt and starts working on season 2 a little faster, I might just get it from them for the improved sound others have mentioned.

JohnAP

Second Unit
This is great news, though I had wanted them to just do a box set from the beggining like they did for G1. Hopefully seasons 2 and 3 won't be far behind as those are what I'm really waiting for and I can see Beast Machines being released as a box set for the entire series, which would be cool.

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
Hopefully seasons 2 and 3 won't be far behind as those are what I'm really waiting for and I can see Beast Machines being released as a box set for the entire series, which would be cool.
That's what I'm thinking as well.

Season 1 of Beast Wars should be labeled as "Beast Wars: The Classic Episodes".

Seasons 2 & 3 of Beast Wars should be packaged together as "Beast Wars: The Transmetal Era"

And both seasons of Beast Machines should be packaged together as just "The Complete Beast Machines".

Stephen Heath

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know what happened to volume 4 this week? I had it pre-ordered with Amazon and they didn't send it, but they have no information about why they didn't send it.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
No, I actually hadn't placed an order because I was waiting to see if I got it for Father's Day. :wink:

I did come by to tell you that there's a news item at TVShowsOnDVD about Rhino's season 1 set. Apparently the date is now August 12th.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks