What's new

Attention: ALL those interested in reviewing a new hifi product before market!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Daniels

Auditioning
Attn: moderators read the PS note at the bottom!

I'm a representive of
Enjuku hifi audio and would like to extend greetings to everyone interested in the high-end audio marketplace.

Here at Enjuku we've just completed the initial engineering stage of our newest line of products and our flagship speaker system, the 万善, or the japanese word for perfection. Now this is quite a boast for a name to a speaker, so we are unsure of the marketablity of such a product
We are currently wanting to bring this speaker to market, along with our other lines already finalized, late this year. MSRP is set at what we feel is a conservative $80,000 for this truly superb loudspeaker, however, we would like some feedback before we make this available to market! Since we are a new company we are completely incapable of getting reviews from magazines as we currently only have 3 dealers slated for fall nationwide. To convince others we NEED YOUR HELP! We are calling experienced and inexperienced reviewers out for auditions! dinner, cigars, and wine will be provided to all those who choose to come out for an audition.
Hopefully we will be able to have photos taken shortly, but for nowplease email us at [email protected] for more information on time, location and anything you personally need for your test. We are located in the North Carolina area with some abilities to meet those interested, to save them gas (expensive now adays isn't it). All we ask is for a genuine impression of the sound written
down... a few paragraphs is fine.
We look forward to hearing from all interested people! and BRING your own amps if you so choose

Matt Daniels
VP of marketing Enjuku audio

PS: to forum moderators. This has already be approved by Mr. Clack of HTforum so please do not delete or move this message. Thank you!

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
The high end market is very specialized. I had a friend who worked at a high end shop and did his installs with him over a 5 yr. period. It was not uncommon to see a 5 figure 2-channel only system in my travels. I helped install $20k mono block amps and a $16k preamp in a guys house who had speakers that orig. retailed for $85k. It's not for the avg. person obviously.

Matt Daniels

Auditioning
Hello all,

we feel that this speaker is in a class by itself. Above even the likes of many offerings of our competitors in the $80,000+ price range. I posted here because we aren't, in fact, looking for "lunatics" but rather people simply interested in hearing just a fantastic loudspeaker. The 万善 offers the lowest distortion, both linear and non-linear, for any output level across the entire bandwith, over any other speaker system currently available. With capabilities to reach 116+ db across it's entire bandwith and a perfectly flat FR from 30-15khz up to 60 degrees off-axis

Matthew Daniels
VP marketing Enjuku Audio

John S

Senior HTF Member
If I get a free set, I'd eval them three ways to Sunday for you guys... :)

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Matt, are there specific locations (or a location) where the speaker will be available for an audition. If in the DC area, I might be able to see if I can ask a real reviewer (with major publications) give them a listen.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Rob, feel free to send an E-Mail if you want to get together sometime. I have more than one system in the house (main, basement, bedroom) and all have different attributes. The main one, although an excellent home theater, is geared towards music reproduction. I have Thiel 7.2s as the left and right and a modwright.com XA-777ES for a source.

Matt Daniels

Auditioning
Phil A,
As you can imagine we would love a reviewer to come out and audition. The only current prototype is in Raliegh North Carolina in the hands of one of our employees. Any more information than that I would need to disclose via email.

We unfortunately can not give out a pair of these speakers. HAHA

this is currently the only prototype and we are unable to move it due to shipping costs, unless it is absolutely necessary. It weighs it at just under 1,200 pounds for the pair. We are seeking reviewers, for just this reason, in our area willing to have their name forever linked with this speaker if it hits market (our website is currently under construction but all reviewers will have their impressions reproduced there in entirety)

the movement to Raleigh from where these were built was rather short. Dismantling and shipping these is something we're just not prepared to do right now

Matthew Daniels
VP marketing Enjuku audio

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Matt, when the website gets up and running, send me an E-Mail and I will forward it. I know how expensive heavy speakers are to ship. My Thiel 7.2s are probably about 400 lbs. per pair shipped and a local hi-fi shop sent a customer to my house to hear another pair (he was having a problem so he could verify it was not something else) so he could decide whether he wanted to drive them to Kentucky or pay $500 in shipping. As I noted above, Audio Asylum might be more what you are looking for. Several magazine reviewers post there on a regular basis. Many people here are more into home theater vs. high end audio. From what you describe of them, it sounds like there would be an extremely ltd. audience, especially in the home theater area from other posts in this area of the forum.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Yeah, lets see some pictures.

On the internet, pictures = good.

Or, at least give us a text tour (6, 12" woofers in a vertical colum..., you get the idea)

Matt Daniels

Auditioning
Hello Kenneth,
I can give you a text tour. I don't have any pictures on hand.

it's a nice setup, classic setup, but very unique.
From the technical sheet I have in hand:
It's comprised of 2 completey custom and hand built 15" woofers with both faraday and compensating coils that measure flawlessly from 30hz-2khz, however for dispersion purposes this is kept far lower. The midranges are also dual 6" completely custom designed midranges that are ideally matched to the woofers.
This is in a nice (from top to bottom) tweeter, 2 midranges, 2 woofers setup. the midbass cabinet is seperated from the top portion for ease of placement. The midbass cabinet is curved on it's two largest sides and is roughly 40"x18"x18". The materials used are a trade secret, but yield some of the lowest resonances imaginable.
They are completely active and we are currently working on a special crossover option for those who buy them, right now this is slated as a $4000 premium for our custom designed active stage.
The tweeter is a completely one off ribbon transducer that is very efficent and offers unbelievable low distortion. It also is completely flat within it's bandwith at 60degrees on the x and y axis.
the overall senstivity for the system is right around 98db/w/m
this is an average senstivity but all are leveled to match flat of course.
the midbasses, midranges, and tweeters are the lowest distortion drivers produced currently for any company or by any company. Non-linear and linear distortion is kept under .1% for play up to 106db.

available in walnut burl veneer, bird's eye maple, or vavona. any painted color is available for a $1000 premium

This is of course the most current model I have for what our website and other venues will display about the speaker. Needless to say this may or may not change before if/when this hits market.

Matthew Daniels
VP of marketing
Enjuku Audio

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Hmm... it's almost worth considering another option. There are many of us HTFers in the Washington DC - No-VA - MD area...

Road trip!

Amtrak has a ~$40 one-way fare from Washington Union to Raleigh, without any specials (not sure what's available.)

I'm not suggesting that I'd organize it, but how about a 'regional HTF meet/road-trip'?

(I'm only suggesting this 'cause I go through Washington Union every day to work..)

Leo Kerr

Matt Daniels

Auditioning
depending on the size of the crowd I'm sure we can accomodate!

I personally will not be there, however, I will make sure you all are well taken care of.

:)

Matthew Daniels
VP marketing Enjuku audio

Jonny_L

Stunt Coordinator
$80,000?

Using a diamond studded cabinet huh? hehehe

Too bad you're not based in Toronto Matt, I'd take you up on the offer. Oh well. Good luck. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Actually the most expensive part of conventional speakers is the cabinet. You want to hear the music and not the resonances of the cabinet.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Matt- You have any measurements to show? Freq response, impulse response, phase angle, impedance, distortion, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks