Attention all Microdisplay owners, lamp life poll in progress on the Internet

Discussion in 'Displays' started by videobruce, Feb 3, 2006.

1. videobruce

videobruce Stunt Coordinator

There has been many posts in many forums regarding lamp life with all these new Microdisplays. Whether it be DLP, LCD or LCoS RPTV's. This is NOT manufacture specific.

In another forum a thread was started (not by me) regarding lamp (bulb) life with Microdisplays. It would help all if the poll could be expanded to cover more people. This isn't a tatic to get more members, but registration is required to vote in this poll;

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5&page=1&pp=60

Anyone that owns a Microdisplay is encourged to vote here, no need to comment unless you want to.
    Thanks for parcipitating.

2. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

Thanks for posting the link. And I assume that once the poll has reached some conclusions that you will post the results over here for those people who choose, for whatever reason, not to participate in the poll or the thread over there.

That just seems the fair thing to do, right?

3. videobruce

videobruce Stunt Coordinator

Sounds as a good idea.[​IMG]

4. bernard_m

bernard_m Auditioning

Hi,

Anyone know how much these bulbs cost to replace?

5. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

Depends on the manufacturer. I just found out a bulb for my HD MD5880n now costs $580 (ouch!) It was cheaper but I think it's a supply and demand situation. The bulb is rated at 6000 hours so I think I'll wait a bit.

My Runco projector's bulb (rated at 2000 hours) costs $660. Both units are DLP.