What's new

ATTACK ON AMERICA, and a very sad song. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I was at work today and we always listen to this all 80's radio station, well their I was going about my work when this song began to play over the radio and I stopped what I was doing and just sat their and listend, it was that old Don Henly song "In a New York minuet", but it was different, they mixed in sound clips from various news broadcasts from that horrible day into the song, and the result was incredibly moving!
If this song had went on for another 40 seconds, I would have wept. I could feel it coming, but then the song ended. The radio station must have done this themselves, it's too soon for Don Henly to have done this, at any rate, I must have this song, it really touched me. Has anyone else heard this version of it?
------------------
"How can I heal, when I can't feel time?"
Leonard from Memento

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
I am probably alone in feeling this way, but here it goes:
I understand and respect that this rendition may be considered moving to some, for me personally, it's the frequency of these songs with sound-bites of horrible tragedies that somewhat cheapens it's intended effect. Watching it on TV alone makes me very upset. They've done this countless times before and I can't help but wonder if there are people out there who just sit around and wait for this stuff to happen so they can create these "mixes". The week hasn't even ended yet. It may even be the same guy doing them.
This post is not meant to offend anyone here. I am just expressing my take on this current trend. I still can't believe it took only a few days for this thing to appear.
------------------
-Dwayne
"And vidi films I would."

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
John
I'm sorry but I must agree with Dwayne. I hate this practice since IMO, it cheapens and commercializes
a horribly tragic event. These "songs" are despicable and are usually put together by DJ's looking for attention.
Again, sorry John, this is just how I personally feel.
frown.gif

------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks