What's new

Attack of the clones disc review at the digital bits (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It's a great review by Peter Bracke, as always.

I look forward to posting my own shortly.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Don't you mean Bill Hunt Ron?;)
But I see that Peter's review is also up at www.dvdfile.com which is probably what you meant.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Can't wait to see the quality of this DVD. The audio is a given - witness TPM. I'm really eager to see the video aspects of this at home. Theatrically the video was underwhelming.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Did anyone notice the EE/ringing on the shots of Anakin and Padme in Peter's review? Could this be a compression artifact created by the screen grab, or is this how it will look on disc?

Lance Rumbolt

Stunt Coordinator
Did anyone notice the EE/ringing on the shots of Anakin and Padme in Peter's review? Could this be a compression artifact created by the screen grab, or is this how it will look on disc?
According to the review on the bits there is no evidence of EE.

Lance UK

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone notice the EE/ringing on the shots of Anakin and Padme in Peter's review?
Well, I looked at all the screenshots and looking at the pics, there's not a speck of EE in any of those shots. Plus, those shots are really too small to even noticed any EE to begin with. So I don't know what it is you're seeing, but it's not EE.

What the heck happened to IGN's review. I stayed up an extras 30 minutes expecting their review and it never came.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Peter B. said there's no hint of EE either, and he's pretty damn picky.

Can't wait to pop this one into the player. Can't believe it's coming out the same day as FotR Extended. Gonna have to take the day off!!

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Clinton, the R1 is free of such issues in its transfer, trust those who have seen it. You only need to turn to the text of his review and Bill Hunt's to see what they got out of the picture on their well calibrated HTs. What some of us watched of the DVD at Fox a few weeks ago too, we watched it on a screen in excess of 20ft and trust us when we say that the R1 transfer is flawless. :emoji_thumbsup:
After the TPM transfer, trust me, everyone in their right mind who's reviewed both discs in their career would have REALLY subjected AOTCs transfer to some heavy scrutiny, especially Bill and Peter.
Dan

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It was Peter Bracke's review I read first.

I am on my way over to read Bill Hunt's review.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Hope my sub survives that asteroid scene! I'm anticipating the DVD more than I did the original CLONES release!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Man, I absolutely cannot wait to see this release on my new setup :D
And as for any edge enhancement or compression artifacts, look all you want but don't expect to find any. (I couldn't.) This is a lifelike, three-dimensional experience that will wow even uneducated friends and family. If you're looking for the new reference-standard DVD, you've found it.
As quoted by Peter Bracke. Everyone will be looking for signs of EE after EpI so this is very promising.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is perhaps the best looking live-action
transfer EVER on DVD!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Oh man, I should have my new theater 100% complete just in time for the release. Great reviews.
Peace Out~:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks