What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The cult that has grown up around  Nathan Hertz Juran’s Attack of the 50-Foot Woman has kept this infamous sci-fi B-movie from the 1950s alive and well.

Attack of the 50 Foot Woman (1958)

Released: 18 May 1958
Rated: Passed
Runtime: 65 min

Director: Nathan Juran
Genre: Horror, Sci-Fi

Cast: Allison Hayes, William Hudson, Yvette Vickers
Writer(s): Mark Hanna

Plot: When an abused socialite grows to giant size because of an alien encounter and an aborted murder attempt, she goes after her cheating husband with revenge on her mind.

IMDB rating: 5.0
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Warner Brothers
Distributed By: Warner Archive
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC

Aspect Ratio:...

Continue reading...

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
These Atomic Classics have always held a special place in my heart, or maybe i just need and ant-acid tablet. Either way, I just can't seem to get enough of them, and have accumulated a massive collection of these over the years. Kudos to WAC for continuing the flow of features, both big and small!!

Lee Sandersen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Leland T. Sandersen
Was Vickers a Playboy model, or am I wrong about that? No matter what, a very pretty lady. Have always enjoyed this flick. I have an old DVD of it that I pull out now and then, not sure how I would justify a new disc of this one to the missus.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I read somewhere that she did a layout for Playboy. I don't remember the topic coming up in the commentary, however, even though they spent a long time talking about her career apart from this movie.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Was Vickers a Playboy model, or am I wrong about that? No matter what, a very pretty lady. Have always enjoyed this flick. I have an old DVD of it that I pull out now and then, not sure how I would justify a new disc of this one to the missus.
You are correct, she was the Platmate for July 1959.

Attachments

• yvettevickers_rozvwe9alfu_1242706880.jpg
    yvettevickers_rozvwe9alfu_1242706880.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 96

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
What a waste of a BD upgrade for a short B/W low grade movie...come on Warner give us the big titles left idle in your vaults....
Sorry Matt, but there are some of us out there that are thrilled to see this and similar titles being released by WAC, thankyou Mr F, for releasing BOTH the high and the Low! ;)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
What a waste of a BD upgrade for a short B/W low grade movie...come on Warner give us the big titles left idle in your vaults....

Some of us dearly enjoy "short, b/w, low-grade movies." I watch them frequently...they offer much nostalgia, tapping into our childhood memories. Don't even try to take that away from us old geezers! And, as presented by WAC, they are no longer low-grade...they look like they were made ten years ago. And, although short, this one adds a commentary track, which even some of the three-hour-long+ Blu-rays do not.

Finally, as to the second part of your comment...have you seen the WAC announcements of today?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks