What's new

International Attack Force Z (1982)- coming from Umbrella Entertainment (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
From Umbrella Entertainment's Facebook page:

ATTACK FORCE Z is Coming to Blu-Ray!

Watch Mel Gibson and Sam Neill in Glorious HD as the elite military team dispatched during WW II to locate and rescue the survivors of a shot down plane, stranded on a South Pacific island occupied by the Japanese. #AttackForceZ #BluRay #NewRay For the first time in the WORLD in HD from a 4k Scan!

Stay Tuned for More info Soon!

This is one of those films I saw repeatedly on HBO during my youth. In retrospect, not a great film but one I highly enjoyed at the time. There has been a BD release in the US from some outfit called Cinevision (it appears to be there one and only BD release) but by all accounts it's a terrible BD.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
UPDATE:

Making its debut in high-definition, Attack Force Z boasts a brand new 4K scan and restoration from the film's interpositive, presented for the first time ever on 1080p Blu-ray in its original 1.85:1 aspect ratio along with the original uncompressed dual channel mono audio. Additional special features in the disc include "The 2-Men Debriefed", a 25 minute featurette that includes interviews with executive producer John McCallum and actors John Waters and Chris Haywood (presented in standard definition) a photo gallery and the film's original theatrical trailer.

Eric Wilkinson, MVD Entertainment Group's Director of Acquisitions and Sales shares his excitement about announcing this release...

"Previous home video versions of this film have looked sub-par. Umbrella Entertainment has done an amazing job restoring this film to its original glory. As a collector of physical media, myself, I'm happy to announce that Attack Force Z represents the first of many classic films on Blu-ray that MVD will be releasing in the near future."

Special Features and Technical Specs:
  • BRAND NEW 4K REMASTER of the film from original interpositive
  • Original uncompressed dual channel mono audio
  • 'The Two-Men Debriefed' (SD, 25 mins) featurette with executive producer John McCallum and actors John Waters and Chris Haywood
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • Photo Gallery
8665_tn.jpg

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Interesting. This isn't a Mel Gibson film, nor a Sam Neill film.

It's an extremely low budget J.P. Law film, with a almost teenage Gibson in a small role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imovecar