What's new

Attaching PVC port to MDF (1 Viewer)

Down to the last few steps and I really didn't see this presented anywhere. I'm using a 4" PVC port 20.5" long for my AV-12 enclosure. I'm just trying to determine what is the best way to affix the port to the MDF baffle?

My design is downfiring with the port venting to the bottom as well.

There's Gorilla Glue, two-part epoxy, Titebond, Rubber Cement, all of which could work. But I was just trying to determine what is the most effective or proven way. but would Titebond II work?

Thanks.

Greg Yeatts

Second Unit
I used carpernter's Goop. My fit between the port and the MDF was very tight. I have not had a problem with my ports loosening.

Darren_T

Second Unit
Cut a small square out of MDF just larger than the diameter of the tube by an inch on all sides, cut a hole in it that fits very tight around the port. Then coat the outside of the port with epoxy or another glue that adheres to plastics and wood, not too much though. Pound the tube into the mdf circle and make sure it's flush with the other side. Glue the MDF square with port to the inside of the enclosure without a hole in the enclosure yet. Once the glue sets drill a hole in the middle of the port from the outside and route it flush with the port using a template bit and the hole will be the exact size of the port and it will appear to be integrated. Then you can use a roundover bit to round the port entrance to prevent chuffing and add a professional look. Bam, there ya go!

Darren

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks