What's new

ATT HomeZone (1 Viewer)

Joe Rosiak

Agent
Real Name
Mr. Wizard
I really need some assistance. My wife recently signed us up for AT&T Homezone (Dish + Yahoo) and AT&T is being very difficult with us. Apparently my wife told them we had their home portal router, and we don't. Because we don't have their hardware, they are refusing to give us the ports we need to open to program our recordings remotely.

Does anyone happen to know what ports I need to open on my router to allow my yahoo homezone page to update my receiver?

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
You know all that SPAM email you get? The evil people who do this sign up with AT&T and get them to un-block ports and then they start churning out SPAM. It's because of this that AT&T fight against opening ports unless you use their equipment so they can shut you down if you turn out to be a spammer.

Since you are a new customer, see if they will send you their home-portal router for free. It's annoying to have to re-configure your home network, but things tend to work better for this type of integration if you use their tested equipment.

Joe Rosiak

Agent
Real Name
Mr. Wizard

If I am opening ports on my router, how would that enable someone to use their mail hub as a point of distro for Spam?

The reason I don't want to use their router is because it isn't as good as the router I have. They aren't currently offering the super G router in my area, and I am currently using MIMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks