What's new

ATSC Tuners. (1 Viewer)

AllanN

Supporting Actor
I have done a search here and have not found much information. What are some good models of over the air ATSC Tuners that are available currently? Also is it worth buying one now or waiting to see if Digital Cable, or DSS will start broadcasting network HD content?
P.S. Im not sure if this should be under Displays Devices or Audio Video Sources. If im wrong could a mod please move this and feel free to publicly humiliate me for making such a stupid mistake for being a 500+ poster. :)

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
The Toshiba DST-3000 that I own uses the basic Hughes reference design along with a few others.

Samsung is coming out with a cheap(er) one in the near future. Sub $400 list, IIRC. Some older Samsung (I think!) have some problems with multiple audio channels, but that shouldn't be an issue with any current hardware.

If Warren is near a metro area, you cable company very well could end up offering HD service that provided all of you local OTA affiliates. Many provided rented boxes. Some in the past have also required you to have an 8-VSB (which is what OTA is) decoder of your own.

Don't expect the satellite systems to provide the networks, it's really a waste of bandwidth for them, though Dish has CBS if you can't get HD CBS OTA and can get a waiver...

SteveA

Supporting Actor
The new Samsung SIR-T151 is now available. I got one of these last month from abtelectronics.com for $395 - shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks