What's new

Atoms Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

ryan.p

Stunt Coordinator
Elliot yes the center has got to go....LOL!!!! I have been told the Athena C1.2 center is much better and is still timbre matched. I been thinking about just buying a set of the B1.2's for the front stage and the C1.2 center and use my Point 5's for surround duty. This may actually be a good way to solve my problem yet still save some money. Your wife has good ears.

ryan.p

Stunt Coordinator
John do you know about how much the Onix center will cost?? The speakers sure look awful nice and the X-series sub playing to 28 Hz is very impressive indeed. I may just go the Athena ASB1.2 with the C1.2 center and use my Point Fives for rear duty. However, the X-series sub has gotten my attention. Bet (2) of them would be stellar!!!!

ryan.p

Stunt Coordinator
Not a bad price at all John. So, how do you think the Point 5's would sound as surrounds(5.1) if I decide to go the ASB1.2 for fronts, C1.2 center???? Just not sure if this will work very well....????

Elliot_W

Agent
Ryan: I think I can get my hands on a pair of Athena S1 bookshelves. Wonder if they will do a better job on CC duty than the one that comes with the Point 5 will?

ryan.p

Stunt Coordinator
Wayne I sure hope so. I used to own a set of the Titan v.3's and was not too impressed. The atomesthough are much better IMHO.

ryan.p

Stunt Coordinator
Elliot I think I would go with the Athena ASC1.2 center if it were me. A lot of Athena owners seem to like it and it matches the ASB1.2's---you know same exact size of drivers. I may just do the same. Have not made my mind up yet nor have not secured the funds to do so. Let me know what you decide and how your wife likes it. Good luck in your decision.

mackie

Supporting Actor
My .02 - run a phantom center and get a pair of 20s for your surrounds.

or

get the cc470 and keep your surrounds for now. You can pick up the atoms later or score a used pair on the cheap.

I think the benefits of the studio line over the other speakers will show up in movies too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks