Atomic Train

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Andres Munoz, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

I just finished watching this 4 hour made for TV movie and although it was very cheesy, I found it pretty entertaining.

Not too bad for a TV movie. Pretty good star power too: Rob Lowe (West Wing), Kristin Davis (Sex and the City), Esai Morales (La Bamba), Mena Suvari (American Pie/Beauty), Don S. Davis (Stargate SG-1), Edward Herrmann (The Lost Boys), etc, etc.

I'm confused though. I thought it was a brand new movie but IMDB.com shows it as being made in 1999.

Did anyone else watch it? What did you think?

2. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

This was its "Sci-Fi Channel Premiere," but it was made for network television (NBC, I think).

3. Andres Munoz

Oh OK. Thanks for the clarification Malcolm.

So this was pre-leaving The West Wing for Rob Lowe. I was starting to wonder about where his career was headed after leaving the West Wing for "bigger and better" things and then seeing him in Salem's Lot and Atomic Train.

4. BobV

BobV Second Unit

Yay, someone watched Atomic Train! [​IMG] This movie was actually filmed in and around my little ole town of 3000, it's our claim to fame. I even have friends and family as extras in it.

It was definitely 1999 that they took over our town. My store supplied some of the cable that was used (how pathetic is it that I am trying to hitchhike some fame off this).

We all loved the movie here [​IMG] .

5. Andres Munoz

So it was filmed in Canada but they made it look like Denver.

6. BobV

BobV Second Unit

Guess so... some other stuff filmed around here...

Duel
    Rambo
    The Pledge (actually talked with Nicholson on the phone about setting up a satellite dish for his college football fix, Sean Penn walked around in my store, nice guy.)
    The Mole : Finale (TV series.. ok, it was the Dutch version)
    Many car advertisements
    Some movie coming up with Jennifer Lopez and Morgan Freeman (J Lo rented my friend's house for a month while she was in the area)

...and a handful of made-for-TV movies and documentaries.