Atom Mount Options

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe.Kuta, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Joe.Kuta

Joe.Kuta Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG]
    As you can see from the pic, the tv extends further from the wall than wall mounted speakers would. Would this be OK? (i have furniture where stands would go)
    I am interested in the Paradigm Atoms (all around), is there a way to wall mount these w/o drilling into the speaker? (i have done search but did not find answer)
    I also need a wall mount for the rear (paradigm atoms) that is able to place the speaker at a 45* angle wrt (with respect to) one of the walls (back wall would be better) (see: pic).
    AND, If anyone can suggest better placement of the surrounds, keeping in mind the obstructions to the left and right of the chairs, LET ME KNOW!
    -joe

2. Joe.Kuta

I wanted to clarify that i know there are universal speaker mounts (ie b-tech bt7, bt77, etc.).
    I am wondering if there is a mount which will fit the prexisting holes in the atom.

Also, i looked at the space, and wonder what impact i would hear putting the sub (svs 25-31PCi) in the back right or back left corner, vs. the front-right corner?

3. Gary PT

Gary PT Agent

Joe,
    You can use wall standards, brackets, and shelves available at a store like Home Depot. I did that for my M3's. I never had a problem with rattles or vibrations moving the speakers, but you can use that tacky spray or mat if you are concerned. This will allow you to play with placement up or down according to how long the standards are that you buy.

4. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Supporting Actor

The atoms have a special mount for them, they do no require drilling as the back of the speaker is plastic and contains teh required holes etc.

5. Joe.Kuta

Where can i get this "special mount"?

I'll look into home depot stuff next time im there too!

6. keir

keir Stunt Coordinator

im using b-tech bt-77 for wall mounting. i ordered direct from their site. the bt-77 is actually a bit too big for the atoms. i had to use duct tape to make the brackets squeeze the atoms a bit better [​IMG]. i recommend you get the bt7 instead. its made for smaller speakers but it can hold more than enough weight.
    http://www.btech-usa.com/bt7.html

7. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Paradigm sells their own brackets specifically designed for the Titans and Atoms. You should be able to get them when you get your speakers.

8. Donald_Spry

Donald_Spry Stunt Coordinator

http://www.premier-av-furniture.com/.../mainmenu.html
    These are made by Paradigm and will mount right up to the atoms. They swivel up-down-left-right. I paid about $30 buck for the pair and screws to mount the atoms. You only have to buy the wall mounting screws. I have the atoms with these brackets for my rears and they work great. They are really and impressive little speaker. I have studio 40's and the CC for my front stage and the atoms blend wonderfully.
    I also have a SVS 20-39pci, so I can tell you the Paradigm set up you are debating will be a VERY impressive HT set-up. The SVS and the Atoms will blend nicely.
    DJ

9. Joe.Kuta

Excellent.

However now i am debating an upgrade to axiom m3's all around, or perhaps m22's up front w/ m3's as surrounds.
    I have read spectacular reviews of them online. Damn the internet! I thought i was set!
    I must also consider now the Hsu VTF-2.

10. Donald_Spry

Donald_Spry Stunt Coordinator

I would say you cant go wrong with either setup. I actually really like the looks of the Axioms in that Boston Cherry. Both of those are a bit of a price jump from the atoms if I recall correctly though. However, I would recommend the SVS over the HSU. IMO, the SVS will equal-if not out perform- the Hsu while at the same time boasting a smaller footprint. The SVS will tuck away nicely in the corners, thus taking up a bit less room.

Not to mention the great sale prices on the SVS right now. I don't think you can get a better sub for the price-or even twice the price.

DJ

11. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    The cherry looks awful in person. I returned my cherry Titans for black.

The SVSs are VERY large. Don't think the footprint is small, it is a big sub, but you get a lot for the size of that footprint.

The Axiom M3Ti is not even in the same league as the Atom, they are far better speakers for not much more money.

If you can avoid wall mounting, I would highly recommend it. Ideally, your speakers should not be that close to the wall, especially when they are rear ported, as both the M3 and Atoms are.