What's new

Atmos & DTS-X from computer while waiting for UBP-X800M2 (1 Viewer)

aceinc

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I put in my ceiling speakers, I have 11 channels of amplification (minimum of 200 watts per). I have a Marantz AV7704 and I want to hear what everything will do.

Sources attached to the system include;

Sony XBR75X900F
Xfinity X1 DVR.
Sony BDP-S370
An older HP desktop with HDMI out running windows 7.
A newer HP Notebook with 4k/HDMI with Windows 10.

I tried some Dolby and DTS-X MKV demo files on my notebook attached to the AV7704 via HDMI and got video and no audio from the movie player. I downloaded VLC Media player and tried the MKV files, and got audio. But the AV7704 only showed stereo input from the computer.

I am looking for ideas on how to make the computer output the digital stream so the sound processor can interpret all the channels. Anyone done this before?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’ve not gotten VLC to support Atmos, though I’ve not tried very hard to figure it out.

All the server / client systems support it: Emby, Plex, Kodi. (I use Emby and play Atmos and DTS X audio)

Standalone player MPC-HC (or whatever the spiritual successor is) supports it, though that might require plugins (I have it working).

I suspect PowerDVD will work. I use it for blu-ray playback but haven’t tried it for MKV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks