Atlas 15's almost gone!

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Todd Nichols, May 18, 2005.

1. Todd Nichols

Todd Nichols Auditioning

I just ordered one of the last Atlas 15's for Ascendent Audio. If you have been tettering, call now! I ordered the two 4" precision ports as well to do the 24" cube vented design.

I am going to build this into an equipment rack, with the sub disguised as a lower cabinet with a false door. Should turn out ok. I am excited to say the least. I am also building GR Research AV1's for my temp fronts. They will be relegated to rears when I do the AV3's.

Wish me luck!

2. Will-Layfield

Will-Layfield Stunt Coordinator

where is sugar hill todd? What amp are you going to use? What are the cut dimensions for the box you are building? I assume it is one of chad's design?

I am in alpharetta/roswell area

3. Todd Nichols

Todd Nichols Auditioning

Sugar Hill is the corner of alpharetta, cumming, and suwanee. I grew up in alpharetta.
    I am using the box volume and port lengths from Chad, but am building a cabinet with upper adjustable shelves that will house my reciever and dvd player, and a false lower cabinet that will house the sub down-firing. The Cabinet will have a inoperable door on it. Picture a 20" x 20" x Approx 6 foot high cabinet with roughly the upper half shelves and lower half sub compartment. I am going to wrap it in ambrosia maple. I can't wait to get the sub to get started.

I am either going with the PE 250 watt or the Rythmik Audio 250 or 350, I really don't know what the best way to go is. I know that I want a rumble filter and perhaps some 3db boost around 20-24hz. I am pretty new to the game, so I am still learning. Any advise would be welcome!

4. Allen Ross

Allen Ross Supporting Actor

and i just got paid today, how much is he charging for shipping to you?

5. Brad E

Brad E Second Unit

I ordered 2 Atlas 15's last Monday. Shipping was $32 for both of them to Canada.
    They're a steal at $105 each. Can't wait to get them.

6. Ned

Ned Supporting Actor

Brad: where in Canada are you and was that with USPS/Fedex/UPS?

7. Todd Nichols

Todd Nichols Auditioning

My shipping was around $30 bucks as well, and I believe that is UPS.

8. Brad E

Brad E Second Unit

I'm not sure who the carrier is. They haven't shipped so I don't have the tracking # yet.
    I live around Calgary.