Atlantis - Regular version = Enhanced for x

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by carlos torres, Jan 29, 2002.

1. carlos torres

carlos torres Auditioning

Can someone please confirm whether the regular version of this movie is enhanced for 16x9?

The Collector's Edition is the only one of the 2 movies that expressly states "enhanced."

Thanks.

2. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

3. carlos torres

carlos torres Auditioning

Luke B,

Thanks. The Collector's Edition is an extra $13 at BEST BUY!!! And other than the 5.1 DTS Soundtrack and extras (that quite frankly I may never have time to see), I don't think it's worth it.

4. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Well even if it doesn't make fiscal sense, I always go for Disney's 2-disc versions. But that's me, and it's against my principles to get an inferior DVD of a movie I feel is worth owning to save money. But I'm weird like that. Still, I can't wait to check out Atlantis CE this weekend.

5. Trav

Trav Extra

Although there is admittedly a big difference in price between the standard and 2-disc versions of Atlantis, I chose the 2-disc version based on Disney's other similar DVD products (Snow White, A Bug's Life, etc). So far, after doing an overall scan of the package on my player, the extra price is certainly justified for what you get.

Also, even though the 2-disc set at Best Buy is $29.99, you still can get the $5 gift card for free with it.

There is a "Coming Soon" insert in Atlantis for "Monster's Inc." which is a title I'm certainly more excited about than this one! :) And of course, Beauty and Beast coming later this year!

Travis

6. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Keep in mind that the single disk contains both the Widescreen and the P&S and Comments I gotta believe the bit rate is not as high as the 2 disk version.