ATLANTIS, MATCH28-B Speaker Stands

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by CharlesX, Mar 15, 2003.

1. CharlesX

CharlesX Auditioning

Does anyone have any experience with the ATLANTIS, MATCH28-B
    speaker stands? I'm going to purchase a pair of Paradigm Studio 20 in the next 30 days and I'm looking for a set of stands to go with it. Any other recommendations for speaker stands? Any stands to stay away from?

2. Marc H

Marc H Second Unit

I think Paradigm recommends the Premier J60 for those if I remember correctly.

3. CharlesX

CharlesX Auditioning

Thanks for the reply. I looked at the Premier J60s since they are the Paradigm matching stands. They are only 26 inches tall. Assuming that Ear height aligned with tweeter is optimal, in my normal seating position ear height is 40 inches. So with 40 inches - (14.5 inches which is the height of the Reference 20s minus 3.5 inches from the top of the 20s to the center of the tweeters) = 29 inches. So I'm looking for stands with heights in the 28 to 30 inch range. The Atlantis Match28-B are 28 inches in height.

4. glenn.arsenault

glenn.arsenault Stunt Coordinator

I have a set of 24" Atlantis Reference Stands. They are a very well made product.

5. CharlesX

CharlesX Auditioning

Thanks, Atlantis is not a brand I'm familar with. If you don't mind my asking, where did you buy your stands?

6. glenn.arsenault

glenn.arsenault Stunt Coordinator

I bought them from a dealer in Providence, RI to go along with a set of ProAC Response 1SC's, that I bought from him.