What's new

Atlantic Technology Preamp? P2000 looks just like Outlaw? (1 Viewer)

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Guys,

Since the Outlaw and AT pre/pro are the same unit. Do any of you think we've been deceived by Outlaw about the release dates? I mean do you guys think we've been kept on the line just so AT could show their at CES and we would'nt go and buy something else last year. I felt like this all along but now I feel this confirms it.

What do you guys think?

Kevin T

Screenwriter
tweeter is still selling for $1699!!! christ, even crutchfield is selling it for $1199! never shopped at tweeter before but with prices like that i certainly never will.

kevin t

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
Do any of you think we've been deceived by Outlaw about the release dates? I mean do you guys think we've been kept on the line just so AT could show their at CES and we would'nt go and buy something else last year.
Having actually spoken with a couple of the Outlaw's about the 950 over the past year, I'd have to say that no, I honestly don't believe this is the case.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
>>tweeter is still selling for $1699!!! christ, even crutchfield is selling it for $1199! never shopped at tweeter before but with prices like that i certainly never will.

Chip E

Screenwriter
Lol, i know what you mean about Crutchfield.. I bought a specific model cordless phone from them the other day only because finding it in white elsewhere proved to be illusive. They had it, so i bought it from them.. I told the guy i usually deal with J&R... he tried to give me some bullshit about J&R charging exorbidant restocking fees.. i shut him quick being very familiar with J&R's return policies (which are excellent)

It really bugs me when someone from one company attempts to make themselves shine by putting down another... cause it just don't work that way. Nnnnnnope.

Nikos S

Auditioning
original quote:it does not make sense for AT to offer an identical product at a MSRP mark up of $700 US.
John replied:
Nikos: why not? Tweeter does it every day on practically every product they sell
Sorry John, I wasn't specific enough.
I meant to say that the AT unit has a MSRP of $1699.00. The Outlaw unit has a MSRP of $899.00(?). Now, back to that original sentence :) It does not make sense (at least for me) that the exact same unit will have two different MSRPs even though it will be offered by two different company names, unless, the higher priced AT unit offers additional features.
Over and out,
Nikos

J

John Morris

Nikos: Yes, I understand your point, and it does make sense. However, anyone who has ever researched and purchased a new high end video card for their computer knows how the same card is sold under different names, by different companies, for a wide variety of pricing. That said, I'm guessing that any advantages, such as post processing RE-EQ, that the AT may offer over the 950, can also be added to the Outlaw 950 via a software upgrade. IMO, the only thing that AT can alter to make an additional $400 cost worthwhile is one involving better hardware. Isn't it fun to try to figure out just exactly what is gonna happen... :D

Rob Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
IMO there will be no difference besides the obvious cosmetic ones between the 2 units.

The AT will be sold in B&M stores to people that don't know how to spell "WWW"

They will pay the $$$ difference for their ignorance.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
>>IMO there will be no difference besides the obvious cosmetic ones between the 2 units.

The AT will be sold in B&M stores to people that don't know how to spell "WWW"

They will pay the $$$ difference for their ignorance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks