What's new

Atlantic Technology Preamp? P2000 looks just like Outlaw? (1 Viewer)

Tom_Mack

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have any imformtion on the Atlantic Technology Preamp model P2000? The pictures at http://www.gspr.com/atlanticphotos.html
look exactly like the Outlaw 950?
I had never heard of the Atl Tech P2000 before. When is it coming out? Features? Price? Is it the same as the outlaw?

Razvan V

Stunt Coordinator
Tom,

You're right, the Atlantic P2000 is the Outlaw 950, the inside photos are basically the same.

Razvan

Richard Burzynski

Second Unit
It LOOKS better than the 950. Hands down.
Pricing will almost certainly be higher than what Outlaw is selling its version for, but this is a way to get an "elegant" looking Outlaw prepro. Meaning, no lime green buttons or cowboy & horsey emblem.
I can see those Outlaw orders being changed to Atlantic technology orders as I type this. ;)
This is my second edit.
This is BIG news for Outlaw. They now have an (indirect) avenue onto B&M shelves. Head to head competition with the big boys. Now I can see Atlantic Technology accounts being opened up in record numbers!
Nice!
Rich B.

Tony Lai

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm... let the speculation and conspiracy theories begin.

I'll go first - perhaps the 950 was delayed so these two twins could be released simulataneously?

Let's see pricing :)

Beautifully clear, LARGE photos!

T.

Richard Burzynski

Second Unit
I'm with you Tony, I'm a big XFiles fan as it is anyway.

This HAD to have something to do with the delay. But it's for a good reason: this means additional revenue stream into Outlaw's pockets, which should help keep 'em around to service/upgrade our purchases and work on more cool stuff.

Rich B.

Razvan V

Stunt Coordinator
Richard,

Yes, it does look much better than the Outlaw 950... I wonder if it will also sell for $900.

Razvan

Vishwa Somayaji

Stunt Coordinator
After seeing the pictures of the Atlantic Tech product at the above link, I have a question if anyone can answer. Outlaw audio says in their specifications that the model 950 will have 7 video inputs with S-video. Their picture was not clear. Now I see only 5 S-video inputs. Are there only 5? Did they count the two componets+ 5 S-videos to come up with 7? I would like to know as it is important to me.

Thnaks in advance.

W

Will

Onecall sells Atlantic Technology and Outlaw products online and they discount some products. Wonder if Onecall will sell the Atlantic Technology pre/pro at a discount off MSRP to online customers.

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, call me stupid but what's the deal? Is Outlaw making these for AT ? Did they collaborate on the design ?

John Cain

Second Unit
Who wants to e-mail Outlaw and ask them if they are making this unit for AT, or if they are both buying the same unit from someone else, OR if this is just a coincidence..
;)
-- John

Claude M

Stunt Coordinator
"Do not pay any attention to the guy behind the curtain" I'm paraphrasing cause I can't recall the exact words. But the last time I felt this way I was 9 watching the wizard of oz! Man how I wanted that wizard to be the one of a kind great one!

GregoriusM

Second Unit
Obviously it is the same unit, but I'll tell you, I'd pay an extra $200 for the MUCH better looking faceplate!

... Greg

W

Will

Just like their faceplates differ, there might be real

functional/performance differences too, to distinguish

the two pre/pro's and to justify their different MSRP $$.

Andrew Beck

Stunt Coordinator
[font=http://beck.servebeer.com/ht.html]Am I the only one who likes the way outlaw products look? I guess I must not be, because someone at outlaw must like them. :) I get a warm fuzzy feeling everytime I look at my 1050. I get a fuzzier one when I here it though :)[/font]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks