Atlanta Cops to Use Segway Scooters

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
How will they stay in shape then? Make 'em ride bikes! (they cost a lot less too...)

For $9K, they could get CARS.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
HA !! I just saw this. I think it's awesome. Soon everyone will have one. Everyone will crave one! Prices will come down. People will consume! Then once everone has one, they'll get their legs amputated and install a Segway scooter in place of their legs.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
For $9K, they could get CARS.
Oh yeah, a police force where the cruisers are Kia Sephias. I guess I wouldn't have to worry about speeding tickets or getting caught after robbing a bank, since I could just outrun them!

Somehow I have a feeling that their cruisers cost a bit more than the Segway scooters.
KJP

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Hey, where will they put the donuts?
Then once everone has one, they'll get their legs amputated and install a Segway scooter in place of their legs.
When I first saw this device, I thought of the high school girl in Kentucky who is paralyzed from the waist down from the school shooting there (I forget the names). She could probably get some REAL use out of this device. Not sure why I thought of that...
I just want to have the most expensive scooter on the block.

Danny R

Supporting Actor
How will they stay in shape then? Make 'em ride bikes! (they cost a lot less too...) For $9K, they could get CARS.

FYI: the Segways the Atlanta police are using are on loan free of charge. The officers in charge of these used to ride horses, which are being retired from police use because of costs ($375K/year - one of many cost cutting measures after our last mayer left us 82 million in the hole)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Without horses, how do they do crowd control? Horses can be quite menacing, but...a scooter?

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Max:

For crowd-control issues, I suggest the electrified razor-wire Scooter of Death! Of course, the rear-firing teargas dispenser for dealing with student radicals is a factory option...

Todd:

The girl's name is Missy Jenkins and she attended Heath High School, just up the road from me. She has regained partial use of her legs. Last year she, with the aid of a walker, strode across the platform to receive her diploma.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
*clik* Central, be advised we are in high-speed pursuit of suspect. Request backup. Lost sight of perps when they stole mopeds at Sycamore and Eastview. *clik*

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Oh yeah, a police force where the cruisers are Kia Sephias
So are you saying you couldn't outrun a Segway?

Since these are for "presence" duty, it is meant as a deterent. Even a Kia with a police ensignia will be sufficient, as they wouldn't be able to chase anyone down on bikes, horses, Kias or Segways if you were in a car.
Unquestionably, the cruisers cost more than $9K, but that's not what we are talking about.

Jeff_Krueger

Stunt Coordinator
Why is it when I look at the above picture, I get the idea they should sound like the flying cars from the Jetsons

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70MM Ultra pana