ATLANTA AREA ONLY: Panasonic Service Center going out of business sale

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Stryker, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

Got this today:
    f you are in the market for most anything electronic that is made by Panasonic (includes Technics, Quasar and other stuff from Matsushita Electronics), there is a bargain store close by. The Atlanta Service Center is the victim of down sizing and will be closing shop this summer. The store has new products at factory direct prices, but the best deals are on the factory refurbished products.
    All products are discounted, but they are taking additional discounts due to the store closure. One example is a Panasonic 5-speaker DVD surround sound system that I've seen at Sears for over $700, and at Circuit City for mid-$600, is under $300 at this store. They have $2000 HDTV units that sell for over $2000 on sale for around $1000. They are taking more off of that price at the check-out register. It is a factory refurbished unit with a 90-day warranty. Cosmetically, all this refurbished stuff appears to be perfect.
    The on-hand store inventory is all they will get, so when it is gone, there is no more deals. The service center portion will remain open until the end of August.
    Here's the location information (this was the Progressive Lighting building then Arrow Exterminators on Roswell Rd, north of Sandy Springs, before you cross the Chattahoochee into Roswell):
    Panasonic Service Company, Factory Service Center
    8655 Roswell Road, Suite 100
    Atlanta, GA 30350
    770-650-8540
    atlantafsc@panasonic.com

2. Ten_Smith

Ten_Smith Stunt Coordinator

Did they have any stand alone DVD players?

3. Matt Stryker

I'm not sure, but I'm sure if you call and ask they can give you an idea of what they have left. Its a pretty decent sized place if I remember right.

4. Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander Screenwriter

I've gone there twice and the prices aren't that good right now. The store will be closing in Sept. 2002 and the prices for their stuff is only about 15% off retail. Salesperson said they won't start to cut prices again for another month or two.

5. Matt Stryker

Kevin- I agree; I went during lunch since I was up that way, and their selection was poor, and their prices were even worse (mostly the same as Best Buy except for refurbished stuff). The clerk confirmed that discounts will get steeper as September approaches.

6. ToddS

ToddS Stunt Coordinator

I went and picked up one of the all in one surround systems with dvd player for my dad and they took an additional 20% off at the register. I paid $278.00 for the system with tax and the same thing is $600.00 at Sears. So I think the deals were decent if they had what you were looking for but overall the selection was pretty weak.