What's new

Atic in Vancouver. Are they as bad as they say? (1 Viewer)

Jeff

Supporting Actor
www.atic.ca seems to have the best deal on a Geforce 4 TI4200 by Leadtec. All the others seem to have the MSI version which I hear is not as good.
Anyway, I've read a lot of horror stories about these guys and I'm wondering if I should even bother going there unless they are ok to just buy small stuff like video cards.
Thanks,
Jeff

Kami

Screenwriter
What have you heard about the MSI one? Mine's fine and it's overclocked to faster than Ti4400. Great software bundle too (3 full games)...and quite a few cables/adapters.
Personally I don't trust stores with such horridly designed sites but that's just me :) I see that you live in Vancouver though...so it should be OK if you can go to their store in person.
BTW, I'd go with a 128MB card if I were you. Unless of course you plan on upgrading in 1 year or less.
My favourite store has been ncix.com. They have many shipping options and I have never had any problems with them.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Most of these stores are pretty much the same deal in terms of the store "design" (a room with boxes and a desk) and service. Some speak better english than others.

They can be a little testy there at ATIC, but just to walk in, buy a video card and walk out is no problem. I'm sure buying a full system would be painless if you knew exactly what you wanted. I don't know how they'd be if you tried to return something though.

The only problems I've had with ATIC is over the phone, which they hardly answer, and ask you to just come into the store because they're too busy (which is pretty true).

I usually go to MicroConcepts as the prices are usually just as good and the service is somewhat better. Website design is not a criteria.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
I just heard the Leadtek is better at 2D. Anyway I ended up getting the MSI at Anitec. Atic didn't have the Leadtek in stock.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks