What's new

ATI X800 Pro or XT? (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
People have been telling me Pro because I've been told the extra hundred bucks to get an XT isn't worth it. If you're wondering, it's for gaming.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I've heard that Pro's are just underclocked XT's that couldn't pass stress tests at XT clock speeds. Same goes for 6800GT vs Ultra. I'd go for the Pro and if you crave some extra power you can always use Powerstrip to turn the clockrates up, though an aftermarket cooler may be required.

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor
depends on the kind of games yer gonna be playin, and at what resolutions etc. x800 xtpe is a badass card but has a 500 dollah price tag. the x800 pro should be able to handle any new game just fine for a while and at higher resolutions than say a 9800 pro. but I can vouch for the 9800 pro still kickin ass cause I have one and play all of my games at 1600x1200 just fine. im waitin for the nforce4 boards to get a revision till I buy one and then ill be running dual vidcards with the SLI.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks