What's new

ATI All-in-wonder 7500 audio? (1 Viewer)

Dan M~

Second Unit
I'm attempting to capture some VHS using my ATI 7500 card. When I attach to the composite input, video and sound work. When I try to use the ATI dongle(?) with the separate video and stereo sound inputs, no sound is recorded. I have the output dongle(?) routed back into the sound card "line in" port. What do I need to do to get the sound? I would like to use the separate inputs in an effort to keep from degrading the quality any more then time and VHS already have.

Anyone have any clue as to what I am doing wrong??

Anyone with ATI experience, please chime in.

Thanks, Dan M

Dan M~

Second Unit
Harold,

Thanks for taking time to reply. Yes the line in is working. When using the composite connection I hear sound, unplug the "line-in" and the sound stops. This indicates to me that the ATI card/dongle is having the problem. I was hoping someone knew of a switch in the software that needed to be set, or something similar. I have searched and found nothing.

Still hunting for a clue,

Dan M

Kelvin Tucker

Stunt Coordinator
Kinda late response, but just in case you are still having problems I do have a couple of thoughts.

1) The AIW has three inputs (CATV, Composite, S-Video) if I recall correctly. where:
CATV = Cable input with sound / video
Composite = Video only
S-Vdideo = Video only

1) I'm guessing that your terminology is incorrect, so when you say COMPOSITE you really meant the CATV cable was being used.

2) Based on what you said, and what is normal, currently your sound is routed CATV -> AIW -> Sound Card (Line In).

[Deleted bogus information..]

One option is to temporarily unplug the Line IN and just use that to connect to your VHS, but it depends on your available sound card inputs, and what you are comfortable with.

Hope this helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks