1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

ATI AIW will NOT capture video or even turn on! Tech support line is always busy! Hel

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt_Stevens, Jun 27, 2001.

1. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor

I have an ATI All In Wonder Card and so far, it's a wonder I have not smashed it with a hammer. I am unable to launch the TV functions or capture video. All I get is this: "The TV player failed to initialize the video."
    Well, that tells me a lot! I have uninstalled & installed the programs a number of times and even did a damned fresh format/install (won't do that again) and it all did NOTHING for me.
    ATI's tech support is always busy and closes at 7 PM (so much for 24 hour service). What do Ido now? I need this card working by Saturday. I have an AMD 1.2 on an Iwill KA266 non-raid, Western Digital 40g, 128mb DDR, Toshiba 16x, Plextor 16x.
    Any ideas? I need help and fast. Thanks.
    I have seen people use this card with NO problems. In looking under the settings in Control Panel ATI MULTIMEDIA CENTER, I see "UNSUPPORTED" listed for the TV Tuner/Capture. That makes no sense.
    How the heck do I get the driver installed? I have installed the full set of drivers and apps multiple times with no luck (yes I uninstalled them each time after).
    My system: AMD 1.2 ghz Thunderbird 266fsb, Iwill KA266 motherboard w/on-board sound, 256mb DDR RAM from Crucial, ATI All In Wonder (latest drivers), Western Digital 40gig 7200rpm, Toshiba 16X DVD, Plextor 16X CD-R, Iomega Internal 250mb ZIP, Enlight Corp. mid-tower.
    Windows 98SE (fresh install)
    ------------------
    www.deceptions.net/superman

2. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor