Ati 1504

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul Chalk, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Paul Chalk

Paul Chalk Stunt Coordinator

I'm just reading up on the specs for the ATI 1504 4 channel amp. http://www.artech-electronics.com/ca.../at150642.html
    It says it can output 150 watts @ 8 ohms and 225 watts @ 4 ohms. And this got me wondering a bit. Would it be possible to have 2 of the channels running at 8 ohms and the other 2 channels running at 4 ohms?

2. SamRoza

SamRoza Stunt Coordinator

You mean channels, not Amps.

I'd have to say that any Amp worth its' salt will be able to push different Impedance speakers without too much of a problem.

Since I use 3 different model speakers in my HT, I have 3 different NOMINAL impedances within those 3 models of speakers.

That is, even though they are 8ohm speaks, they are 8ohm NOMINAL, which means that impedance changes with changes in frequency output and wattage input.

That help?

Sam

3. Paul Chalk

Paul Chalk Stunt Coordinator

What I'm hoping to do is drive two speakers along with 2 SVS subs. The speakers are rated at 8 ohms nominal and the SVS subs are 4 ohms.
    BTW, I changed it from amps to channels right before you posted. [​IMG]

4. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Yes, as others have said it is okay to run 2 channels at 4 ohms and 2 channels at 8 ohms... however, do not bridge this amp into a 4 ohm load. It may not hurt it, but the output bridged into 4 ohms is the same as a single unbridged channel into 4 ohms.