Athena ws center

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Ed Kerns, May 17, 2005.

1. Ed Kerns

Ed Kerns Agent

Can anyone give me their impression of the new ws series center channel speaker in comparison to the old C1? I bought some F1's from BB at close out and haven't had a chance to hook them up yet. I'd like a matching center speaker. I've read some negative posts about the C1 but there is a limited opportunity to buy that speaker at close out. I think it sounds ok in the store, but that's a lousy place to listen. I haven't heard the ws center speaker. Don't know if it would timber match the audition series or if there is any improvement over the c1. Athena's website is less than helpful, mentioning only that the WS line has been released.

2. Greg Thomas

Greg Thomas Second Unit

I'd get the C1. With the closeout pricing and the 30% off for open box items, you might get one for $50. I remember seeing one at my BB for $69, with 30% it would be $48. I doubt you'll find the new WS center for that cheap.

The C1 sounds great with my B2's and B1's.

3. MikeGee

MikeGee Second Unit

I wish i had a BB around me. I paid 300$ canadian for:
    1 AS-C1
    2 AS-R1
    2 AS-B1
    plus i have 4 AS-B2's
    I love the AS-C1 compared to when i had a B2 as a center channel. some would disagree with how the C1 sounds saying its the weakest link of the series but i love'em. I'd reccomend it for sure.