What's new

Athena vs Polk (1 Viewer)

Scott Andrew

Stunt Coordinator
Ok so I just got my Pioneer 1014, and I have two new cerwin vega CLSC-12's for my front's (I know they aren't good for home theater but I needed them for parties) and I am getting the SVS PB10 subwoofer but now I have to decide on a center channel and rear surrounds. I was all set on the Athena ASC-1, and the Athena BS2's but then I saw the Polk CSi3 and the RTi4's... Does anyone have any ideas on these???

p.s. my room is 14 X 14

Thanx

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I had pretty much the same decision to make six months ago that you do now. I wound up with Polks 'cause I was able to get an open box a CSi6 for $189 to go along with a pair of RTi6's and RTi4's on sale. Plus, they threw in a 202 sub for free which I will sell cheaply or give away as soon as I find someone I like enough! Anyway, I always felt most center speakers were a little weak. The CSi6 has a fuller sound, especially for male vocals. But I was really impressed with the Athena's mid-range and excellent treble response for the price. Too bad they didn't offer a larger center channel option or I may have bought them instead. I do feel Polk RTi's are a little over-priced at full retail, but if you get a good price, they are a nice speaker. But what do I know? I drive a truck for a living! I have also been seriously considering getting a 1014 and moving my H/K 520 into another room. Very tempting.

Brian_Fly

Stunt Coordinator
May or may not matter to you....polk Rti speakers have a wood veneer, which probably accounts for the price. I've had polks for over 4 years now and like their sound alot. On the other hand, I've heard good things about the Athena brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks