Athena vs Axiom vs Paradigm

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by JasonIs, Jun 22, 2003.

1. JasonIs

JasonIs Agent

I bought the Athena AS-F2 speakers from Best Buy and I am unsure if its the sound I am looking for. I am using a Harman Kardon avr 525 receiver. Everything sounds really good, clear, crisp, detailed, but I am wondering if its what I am looking for? I guess i have listened to junk for so long its strange hearing something this good. I was wondering about Axiom and Paradigm, anyone have any insight on wich is the best amongst these 3 speaker makers, specifically the Athena audition series the axiom M60Ti or M80Ti and the paradigm studio series, the 60 or 100. I listened to the paradigm studio series and they sounded great but it was hard to tell if they were better than the Athenas. Are they? and am I just not hearing things correctly? Im thinking of trying the Axiom since they have a 30 day trial period. Anyone know if the m60ti or m80ti are better than the athena as-f2. Thanks for help.

2. Mike_Gr

Mike_Gr Stunt Coordinator

If you are unsure if its the sound you are looking for, why did you buy them? Just curious.

As far as the Paradigm and Axiom, I can't tell you which one is better. IMO the Axioms are more neutral and accurate than the studio's but I still like them both. I think they are both close contenders, but the Axioms do it for far less money. You really just have to listen to both for yourself and decide.

One thing you might try is to order a pair of M60's or M80's to try for a 30 day trial period. This way, in the event you want to return them, it will be less expensive to return than an entire system.

3. CurtisSC

CurtisSC Screenwriter

Jason,

Where are you located? If you are in the Los Angeles area, I may be able to help you get a listening session with the M60 in the next week or so.