1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Athena Speakers?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Jerome_Anthony, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Jerome_Anthony

Jerome_Anthony Auditioning

Anyone own Athena speakers? What is the quality like?

2. Craig_Loose

Craig_Loose Auditioning

Quality is very high for the price.

3. Jerome_Anthony

Jerome_Anthony Auditioning

Which Athena do you have and what are you running them with?

4. JeffLab

JeffLab Stunt Coordinator

I have Athena Audition series speakers, and absolutely love them, especially for the price.

I currently have a pair of AS-B1's as my front speakers, the AS-C1 for the center channel, and a pair of AS-R1 dipole surrounds for the rear. My subwoofer is the Athena ASP-4000. I am hoping to upgrade my fronts to the AS-f1's in the near future and move the AS-B1's to the rear to round out my 7.1 setup .( I currently am not using my rear channels on my receiver). My receiver is a Pioneer VSX-1015TX.

The sub is really nice, plays nice and low, and the speakers keep up with it well. I have them crossed over at 80Htz, and they blend well.

If you are north of the border, Futureshop currently has some good deals on Athena speakers, with up to 30% off the entire line.

5. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

ASB1, C1 here, with HK AVR325. All good, no plans to change unless something used and very high quality falls in my lap.

6. TommyWMedford

TommyWMedford Stunt Coordinator

Athena makes very good speakers. For the price, they're damn near impossible to beat. I own the Audition speakers(F1, C1, and Micra's for my surrounds). I want to replace the Micras with either the B1's, or B2's, though. They're good for surrounds, but I want something that better matches the rest of my setup. I'm powering them with an HK AVR 430. I'm not using a sub right now. I find the F1's do an admirable job at filling in the lows. For now, at least. I plan on getting the SVS PB10ISD...

7. Greg Thomas

Greg Thomas Second Unit

I have Athena F1's, C1 and B1's with an HK 325. Very happy with my setup, especially since I paid less than $300 for all 5 speakers.

If you can get them at a great price, I doubt you'll find bigger bang for the buck.

8. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Pretty hard to keep up with for the price. I picked up my second pair of [email protected] when they were clearing them out.

My System = L+r As_F2s, L+R rear AS-f2s, front and rear centre channels AS-c1, all run by a Pioneer 1014tx-k

AWESOME sound, can't be beat North of the border,and some of the deals South are amazing.

I may end up picking up 2 of the P6000 subs, but see my other thread for my reasons.

Brent