What's new

Athena Servicing (1 Viewer)

RyanHud

Stunt Coordinator
Hey everyone, I own the Athena Micra 6 package. I have it powered with a panny sa-xr50. Somthing is very wrong with the speakers. I noticed it today, It sounds as though only one of the speakers works correctly (aside from the center and sub)
One of them the tweeter does not work at all, and 2 of them it sounds like its at about 50%, and the one correctly working speaker sounds fine. Im not quite sure what to do about it or how it happened. I purchased them in December 05 from the future shop website. Has anyone had experience with the athena customer support? Any ideas are Welcome. Thanks.
Oh i did email customer support telling them one tweeter was not working at all. This was before i discovered 2 others were not working correctly as well.

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
You're clearly under warranty since you have 5 years. I had a blown tweeter on an Energy Take 5 speaker. Athena/Energy are sister companies under the same API umbrella.

I called Energy, told them my problem and they told me I could ship the the bad part or the whole speaker. I sent in the speaker and they replaced the tweeter. I had my speaker back in a week or less. Great customer service.

Are you using the original speaker wire that comes with Micra package? If so, try some better wire from Lowes or Home Depot, maybe 14ga or 16ga. Also swap your bad speakers into the same channel of the good speaker to verify its not your receiver.

You can also contact Athena.

athena TECHNOLOGIES
A Division of Audio Products International Corp.
3641 McNicoll Ave
Scarborough On Canada M1X 1G5
PH: 416-321-1800
FAX: 416-321-1500
Ask for the Service Department when calling.

RyanHud

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Greg, thanks for the response. When you went through all of this were there any expences when getting it fixed, also did they ask you how it broke? Because im not sure how mine stopped functioning. And i fear having to pay a repair bill. Thank you
-Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks