1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Athena Replacing Entra 's?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Louisp, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Louisp

Louisp Stunt Coordinator

Louis Patrick
    I'm currently running Infinity Entra Three's as Fronts, Entra Center Two as Center, Enter Three's as Surrounds, Entra Point Five's as Surround Backs and Entra Sub Two.

Question - Would Athena's be a good upgrade? If so which Athena's.

Or, could you suggest another speaker line in this price range?

Thanks,

2. Rob Kramer

Rob Kramer Second Unit

You need to define your reasons for wanting to upgrade.

I use to have (actually still do, packed in a closet) the point five setup with the entra center and sub. I found them to be decent quality speakers. After a while though, they were just too bright for me (I couldnt crank them up without my ears ringing all day).

I would not have picked Athenas for an upgrade (if you could call it that). From what I heard, they were just as bright, and maybe not as well built (not a knock on Athena, the Infinities were a good quality).

3. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

I think the biggest problem with the Athena line is the center channel. If you are looking at something like the AS-f2s across the front they will blow you mind for the $.

The story goes that a few people have used the b1 and b2 bookshelfs as center channel and said it they sounded better.

Brent

4. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

Smells like a lateral move to me. And I own the Athenas. Save your pennies for a bigger upgrade...I don't think this move will accomplish much.