What's new

Athena Micra vs Point 5 (1 Viewer)

Can anyone tell me if there is a big difference in sound between these two sets?? I'm able to get the Micra 6 for $175 shipped, but no deal yet on Point 5s. I currently have a $300 Panasonic HTIB, how would these sets compare to that? The room is about 20x15, but only about half of it is used for HT. How's the music and movie performance? Thanks.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I think there was another thread on this a little while ago. I have the Point 5's which I bought at BB as open box (with slight cosmetic damage) for $129. Very smooth mid-range, pretty deep bass for small size and nice highs that some have said were on the "bright" side. Quality components and a real x-over help make these a nice sounding speaker. Only draw back is the plastic enclosure which is how they are able to price them so cheaply. I plan on either buying some pre-made wood/MDF boxes or make some of my own someday. I'm using them with a Pioneer 1014 and a Dayton 10" sub (crossed at 100hz)in 1/2 of a 13X20 room. Never had or heard the Micra's but I'm sure someone who has them will respond here shortly. And no, they aren't for sale. I'm gonna keep them all to myself :D .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks