Athena F-2 on sale at BB

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by MattLH, Aug 3, 2004.

1. MattLH

MattLH Auditioning

Just a heads up that the Athena F2 is on sale at Best Buy. Regularly $250 ea, now $180 ea.

I bought a pair three weeks ago and love them. This afternoon I'm heading to BB for a price match... ;-)

Great deal on good speakers.

Matt

2. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

I payed $600 Canadian for mine over Christmas and I love them. I just wish you could buy singles up here.

$250 Canadian and I'd be all over picking one up for a PROPER centre channel, not this C1 thing I use now!

B

3. Brian Mansure

Brian Mansure Second Unit

Yeah, It's a shame I didn't check Best Buy's price one more time before ordering from audioadvisor.com...

AudioAdvisor had them on a great sale for a few weeks now for $399.99 a pair with free shipping so I ordered from them.

Low and behold I happened to check the BB website and saw that I could have saved about $20 dollars getting a pair from BB instead. Oh well, no biggie I guess. They are great speakers for the money IMO and AudioAdvisor sent them doubled-boxed and in great shape.

The AS-F2's sound decent out-of-box but can't wait till the break-in period is over for the true experience.

Brian

4. Anthony J

Anthony J Auditioning

Actually I think thats the new prices from Best Buy. I went there today and looked at the Athenas and I didn't see anything about a sale, so it must be a price drop. The website doesn't list anythiny about a sale either.

I'm going to be going back to BB this Saturday and pick a pair of AS-F2, and either an AS-C1 or pair of AS-R1 or both, depending on how much money I have. I also need to get new 12 gauge wire, which I'll get from Radioshack, and I also need to get an SPL meter.

On a similar note, the AS-R1s also dropped in price, their $20 cheaper each. Thats a $40 savings on the pair.

I was going to get my set of Athenas starting this weekend and that was before I saw the price slash, so I was expecting to pay about $850 for the five speakers, now I will only pay $670, a nice unexpected but welcome savings of $180.

5. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

I think you're right Jack. I honestly don't think there is a better value on the market right now.

BB

6. GraysonAng

GraysonAng Stunt Coordinator

If you don't care about cosmetic damage, audioadvisor is selling a PAIR of AS-F2 for $229.99 shipped.

Link

I just got in on it today.

I have the Athena Point 5 MKII system and am upgrading the two front speakers (s.5) with the AS-F2. Will my center channel be able to keep up?

7. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

"Will my center channel be able to keep up? "

Nope!

B

8. Jon W.

Jon W. Stunt Coordinator

I went to BB today and took a gander at the Athenas just for kicks. They are some good looking speakers except for the Athena badge on the grilles. Man that thing is cheap looking for some reason. Reminds me of a cheap golf ball marker.[​IMG]

9. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

Maybe it's not supposed to be a logo, maybe it IS a golf ball mark! The speakers would look better without it AND you wouldn't have to use a tee or the tiny snap on your glove to mark your ball [​IMG]