What's new

Athena Audition (1 Viewer)

MikeGee

Second Unit
Hey first post here. You guys seem to know your stuff better than i could imagine i ever could so maybe you could help me out. Just wondering what you guys think of this setup i am planning on hookin up. I heard these speakers and i was very impressed from what i heard.

The setup i want is
AS-F2 for my front speakers
AS-B2 for my rear speakers
AS-C1 for my center channel
HTR5740/RXV450 for my receiver
No subwoofer right now. I figure the both F2's would give me pretty good bass.

Also does anyone know a site online that has prices for these speakers? Or what i'd expect to pay for each of these speakers?
Thanks for the help
~mike

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
I'd spend a little more on my receiver to mate with the Athenas. I think the 5740 is only $249. Either a higher model Yamaha like the 5760 or perhaps the Pioneer VSX-1014. You'll find many threads about the Pioneer on this site. Seems to be the best bang for the buck.

Check Best Buy for clearances on the Athenas. If you can't find them there try Audio Advisor

Andre_Y

Auditioning
You can check yahoo shopping. I have seen good prices there. They will show you about 7 places with varying prices. I plan to purchase the these myself for my bedroom system.

Best Buy used to have the F2's and B2's online, and has everything else. I am not sure why they are dropping the top Athena's via online, FutureShop up here (BB owns them)also no longer offers the top ones online.
I recall their pricing so it gives you a good priceguide on the max you should pay. If they can't beat BB then just go get 'em at a BB, but I am sure any of the places you find on AudioAdvisor would beat them.

The F2's were $180 each, the F1 is available at $150.
The B2's were $180 a pair, B1's are $150 a pair.
and the C1 is $180.

MikeGee

Second Unit
I was looking also into Pioneer receivers as well. The speakers are pretty much chosen already.
I was thinking about going with the Yamaha 5750 cause right now its on sale. I just dont' over spend and get a 750$canadian receiver.
Tho say i go with a receiver under 500$ canadian.. what would your choices be?
So far the 5750 seems to be the hands down winner from what i've looked at out there..

thanks again for the help

Muhammed

Agent
You can also check out AudioAdvisor.com i'm not sure what their prices are like, but people have said good things about them.

Nigel Hooper

Stunt Coordinator

Mike PM me where to get the 1014TX for $580 CAD. It is well worth spending the extra as the F2s really require good sounding amplification.

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
Has anyone heard what the bipole member of the family sounds like, the AS-R1? Have rarely seen it but would like to build a system with them.

MikeGee

Second Unit
is going from the 5750 to the 5760 that big of a jump in performance and sound? Can anyone explain what the major difference is between them. Or say compairing the 5750 to the Pioneer 1014tx
Like the major thing it has or the cheaper one does not have... thanks alot!

MikeGee

Second Unit
here's another question...

if i go with say the 1014tx.. would anyone reccomend i not use the B2's as my rear speakers and just wait and save up for a second set of F2's for the rear seeing how the power rating is much higher? or is it overkill?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks