What's new

Athena Audition vs. Klipsch HD 300 (1 Viewer)

MikeDE

Second Unit
My 7.1 set-up takes up quite a bit of space in my not too large living room. I'm thinking about replacing the Athena Audition series B-1's, C-1 and sub with a 5.1 Klipsch HD 300 set I found for $360 that is smaller and can be wall mounted. The amp is an Onkyo TX-SR605. Will this be a downgrade in sound, upgrade, or not much difference?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I think it would be a slight down-grade based mainly on the cabinet size. The Audition series was very well received when they came out a few years ago. And Klipsch is known for a very bright sound compared to other brands which you may prefer, or find irritating.

I have an Athena Point 5 series speaker set boxed up in a closet somewhere that I thought sounded very good for it's size. They're not in very good shape aesthetically (bought them as an open box from BestBuy) and I didn't get the matching sub woofer but they performed very well. If you like the Audition series you might at least try and find a set of the Point 5's off ebay or craigslist since they use the same tweeter and a smaller version of the mid-bass. They also come with wall mounts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justin2001
Recent bookmarks