What's new

Athena Audition Series...? Any good? (1 Viewer)

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Has anyone heard those?
http://www.athenaspeakers.com
I'm interested in the Audition Series AS-B2s For Fronts, AS-B1s for Rears and AS-C1 for center. For the price and specs I want (No Floorstanders, must be Bookshelf on Stands) they seem to fit the best for the price I'm willing to pay.
Today I went to future shop to listen to them and the salesman told me that it's useless to listen to them now since they will put a new line soon. (I'll be buying probably in 3-4 months)
Does anyone know what will this new line be? Price-Wise and Size-Wise will it be similar to the current one?

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
The Athena Audition line is a brand-new line, so I don't know why that salesman at Future Shop said what he said. I've been waiting for these to show up at my local dealer myself. BTW, API is the company who's behind Athena, as well as Energy and Mirage. API used to have a brand called Sound Dynamics, but that's gone with the advent of Athena.
Anyway, here's the first professional review I saw of the new Audition line.

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Ok, I read that review you just linked earlier today (Before I came to HTF)

At worst, they would just make a new version of the same speakers with different drivers (Kinda like SVS's new driver) so in the end, I might have to wait before listening. But I'm pretty confident that I should not be dissapointed with those (My neighbors might though hahah!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks