What's new

Athena AS-F2 (1 Viewer)

Chris KAudio

Stunt Coordinator
I am new to speakers but have found that these are my favorite speakers so far.

I have found that thay are $600/pair. I guess I would buy the center channel with that for $179.

Here is where my question lies... I have an old Bose system, probably 8 years old. But I have the satellite speakers from that set. Could I just use those Bose Satellite speakers for my new satellites?

Rick_FL

Stunt Coordinator
you could. it is usually better to have the two fronts and center channel from the same manufacturer. surrounds are not quite as important, since when viewing movies approx 60% of sound comes from the center channel, and probably another 10-15% from L/R. the Athena AS-F2's are a nice set of speakers, probably one of the best towers that BB carries

Jason Lu

Auditioning
i too own the athenas chris awesome for the money bought the center as well. i heard their surrounds aren't bad but i might look elswhere have't decided yet

Marvin E

Stunt Coordinator
The Athena Audition Series have won several Awards including "Stereophile Recommended Components", "Goodsound! Great Buy Award", "Sound and Vision Reviewers Choice Award 2003". I have the AS-F2 and AS-C1 speakers for the front soundstage and AXIOM QS8s for the rear. (The Athenas are for sale because I want to upgrade to all AXIOMs. Anybody interested send me an EMAIL). The AS-F2s have a frequency response of 35Hz - 20kHz +/- 3 dB which is very good for speakers in their price range. Also, you might want to consider replacing the BOSE with the new Athena AS-R1 surround speakers which have also gotten good reviews.

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
I agree, the R1s would be good.
I believe that if money is an issue, the AS-B1s are cheaper. They are two way book shelves that have a woofer that's around 1 to 1.5 inches smaller than the B2s. They all use the exact same tweeter as the AS-F2.
Right now I have Audition series across the front, and some old fronts as my rears, I'll be upgrading soon. Dont' know if I'll get b1s for the rear, or two more c1s for the l/r and move my b2s to the back.
Let us know which direction you go and how it sounds. Take it easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks