Athena AS-F2 vs. Klipsch RF-35

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Chuck_W, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Chuck_W

Chuck_W Second Unit

I listened to and enjoyed the sound of both of these speakers, but they were in different stores...difficult without a side by side comparison. Anyone have experience auditioning these at the same time??

2. Jason Lu

Jason Lu Auditioning

I havent heard the klipsh, but I own the athenas. Excellent speaker for the money. Treble is very clear, and the low end is very low for a speaker. I highly recommend them!

3. Chuck_W

Chuck_W Second Unit

Thanks Jason...I've heard nothing but good about the AS-F2's. My main concern with the Athena's is the center speaker. I'm a little disappointed that Athena only has the one center speaker choice for the Audition series, and not something a little larger. It seems to get some mixed reviews....do you have the AS-C1?

4. Jason Lu

Jason Lu Auditioning

i do own the asc-1. I heard the mixed reviews as well. I haven't really done hardcore tests with it yet but it does the job as far as i can tell.

5. Peter_D

Peter_D Agent

I had the RF35 Setup and it sounded great. I upgraded it to the RF7 series.
    It is all about what sounds good to you though. People can give you as many opinions as they want but it really only matters what sounds good to your ears not everybody likes the same sounds.

6. Chuck_W

Chuck_W Second Unit

You are quite right Peter. Unfortunately I like them both but can't compare them side by side, so it's nice to hear the opinions of others who own or have heard them. Wish I could afford those monster RF-7's! Are you using an all Klipsch system?

7. Peter_D

Peter_D Agent

Yea all Klipsch RF7's RC7 and The RS7's going to get another RC7 for a rear center channel soon. (that is a soon as the wife lets me)

8. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

I also have the AS-F2s. They are a great value, and I'd figure if you go front projection you would just get a third F2 and use it as a center.

unfortunately for me I was forced to buy the c2, not bad, but nowhere near as dynamic as the F2s

Brent

9. eryn shannon

eryn shannon Stunt Coordinator

I don't know about the klipsh but I have had allot of experience with the as-f2s and I love them. For the money these are the best speakers I have heard.