What's new

Athena AS-F2 vs. Athena AS-F2.2? (1 Viewer)

kurt_fire

Stunt Coordinator
Has anybody (or a magazine or website) actually heard the new AS-F2.2s and compared them to the older AS-F2s? Do they sound the same? I know the new AS-F2.2s are slightly smaller, and has different cosmetic looks.

My current setup is:
front left and right = AS-F2s
center = AS-C1
receiver = Onkyo R500
sub = old Onkyo sub from HTiB
rears = old Onkyo fronts from HTiB

I want to upgrade my rears and get rid of my Onkyo equipment. My question is: should I try to find 2 more AS-F2s or buy a pair of AS-F2.2s as my rears? Would the AS-F2s and AS-F2.2s sound good used together?

kurt_fire

Stunt Coordinator
If I were to get the large AS-F2.2s as my new surrounds, would surround sounds be more prominent then my current setup? It's strange, but it seems like with a lot of DVDs I watch I hardly hear anything at all out of the surround speakers. And all my speakers have been calibrated using the Radio Shack sound meter by the way.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There's a good chance the rear speakers aren't that good, but it could be the receiver also. You can find out right away by trying your current towers on the rear channels. I looked through the manual and I couldn't find anything that might help.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member

The variances caused by the different positioning and orientation will far outweigh any slight intrinsic difference in sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks