What's new

Athena AS-F1's or AS-F2's....Which to choose? (1 Viewer)

Greg Yeatts

Second Unit
I listened to the Athena bookshelf and the floor stander not 2 hrs ago at BB. For the money, I thought they sounded pretty good. I liked the floor stander. It would go lower than the bookshelf. Even though you may have a sub to pick up below 80 hertz, the l/r still have to play a good bit below 80 hertz. The floor standers, in the larger cabinet, will play probably to 50 hertz.

With a little patience, I got a pretty good blend with the Athena floorstander and the Athena sub. This sub is capable of nowhere near reference levels, but it sounded pretty good with music and a movie preview at reasonable levels.

The Athena center channel was not hooked up. Had it been hooked up I don't think it would have been a good audition. The center was about 4 feet over my head (I'm 6'3") and I was would have been below axis.

Bill_Wil

Stunt Coordinator
It must be a conspiracy!!!
I can't believe that all of us who have listened to these speakers at Best Buy were unable to hear the center speaker. In almost every instance it wasn't even hooked up. In the rare occasions that it was hooked up it was probably done incorrectly so that the sound level was off.
What a joke!!!

Leonard B

Stunt Coordinator
I have owned my Audition series speakers for a year now. My system consists of AS-B2's for mains, AC-C1 center, three AS-B1's for surrounds for surrounds, and a D-Box 302 subwoofer. I like the clarity of the C1; for me it didn't sound too "chesty" for male voices. It might be a good idea to email Athena Technologies directly about how their speakers are handled by BB; I sent them an email once and they responded within a couple of days.
Hope this helps.

Dean-P

Stunt Coordinator
Hi

I have the asc-1 and the asb-2s along with some cra--y rear speakers along with an energy exls8 sub. The center channel performs better as it gets used and asb-2s sound great but the asf-1(2) would be much better for lower end. For the money they are excellent! Too bad you don't make a trip up here to Canada as they are waayy cheaper here! I plan on getting the asf-2 around x-mas as they go on sale at the local futureshop for cheap. All in all I am a very satisfied customer although the Energy cnter channels are better but twice the price...
Later Dean

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks