1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

ataching sub

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bryan Michael, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Bryan Michael

Bryan Michael Supporting Actor

when ataching the sub to the mdfb can i just use wood screws or should i use thoes gromits in my car all my subs are just screwed in to the mdfb.

2. David Ison

David Ison Stunt Coordinator

I would suggest you use T-nuts and appropiate sized bolts as mdfb has a tendency to split. drill pilot holes for the T-nuts, tighten carefully .

3. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

The problem with T-nuts is that the MDF isn't a very good material for the cleats on the back of the T-nut to grib, so they can spin on you when you try to tighten them or remove them, not good. I just used pre-drilled holes and mushroom head wood screws, because I don't plan on removing the driver much.

4. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Supporting Actor

Pre-drill, add a drop of wood glue, and panhead screws are all that I've ever used.

Pete

5. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

I tried T-nuts and lost interest real quick. I may try threaded inserts in the future. I've got tons of them. But I mostly just pre-drill and use black oxide panhead screws.

Brian