At what height should my Plasma be at ?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by eric>sch, Oct 11, 2004.

1. eric>sch

eric>sch Auditioning

I have a 50" Pioneer Plasma (PDP5040HD). I will have two rows of seats. Two at 6 ft from the proposed TV location and three more on a 8" platform approx. 10-11 feet from the TV location. I was thinking 42" off the floor. Any comment or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. John S

John S Producer

Man, Plasma give you complete freedom in my experiences. So take you pick. I have went to rediculous angles off of them, with no detectable degradation in picture quality. I mean, I could still read scores / small print even at considerderable distances off axis too.

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Just high enough for the people on the back row to see it. You don’t want it so high that people get a crick in their neck trying to see it.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

4. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

I'm going to utilize my once-a-year urge to be an elitist prick, and point out that this thread title made my brain jump for joy for properly beginning a phrase with a preposition ("at"), only to be horribly crushed when a redundant and incorrectly placed preposition was added at the end just to turture my poor brain.

Back to the topic at hand...

good advice so far, I'd probably see it in a store, or set it up and sit at various heights to see about viewing angle, etc. Then try to place it where you feel it's a good spot, and so people in the second row can see. But your number sounds like a pretty good starting point.

5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

agreed with everything said. plus, a lot of the plasma mounts have some tilt and/or pan flexibility, so you can add that to the "adjustment factor".