At the Earth's Core OOP already?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Strang, Dec 24, 2001.

1. Scott Strang

Scott Strang Screenwriter

This was just released this month (or maybe at the end of November) and a guy at Suncoast told me that it was already out of print. I found a copy on their bargain table, but the guy's statement bothered me. I saw on their dbase screen where it said oop and was released in November.

Is this common?

2. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

I believe their computers are mistaken - this title was just released and there is no reason for it to go OOP. Dvd Price Search says nothing about it being discontinued.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Scott, I'd agree with Alan in that Suncoast made a mistake of some sort.
    I ran and checked at Image Entertainment's web site, and they show it as still active.
    Since Image is a DVD wholesaler, I'd say that their listing is more definative than Suncoast's. Suncoast buys stuff from folks like Image! [​IMG]
    Don't sweat it.

4. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

I got mine at BestBuy for $9.99

Love that movie!

JohnG

5. Scott Strang

Scott Strang Screenwriter

I thought it odd that MGM would jerk it this soon. People that work at Suncoast are not always experts especially at this time of the year.
    My dad and I went to see that movie when I was "justaboy". At the time, I was just sure that Doug McClure was Glenn Campbell. My dad kept saying it's not. I guess that 70's hairstyle and facial features. Who knows.
    Watching it will bring back memories of going to see movies on Saturday's with my dad. I wish I could watch the DVD with him today. [​IMG]