AT&T Uverse sound

rickyc

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick
My Uverse sound runs through a stereo amp for surround sound. It used to work great - would drive you out of the room. Lately I can hardly hear the sound on surround with both the amp and the box on full volume. The symbol on the screen is a typical speaker with sound waves coming out and I now have to run it up to 25 (the highest). We used to hear surround great at 17. Uverse has run a couple of checks lately and had to come out and fix an outside line. Could those line checks have screwed up my volume? I got a new Uverse box over the weekend - same problem. All sound very low on highest settings in Pro-logic and Hall settings - volume OK in Stereo, but sounds kind of crappy because my good speaker is the center one and the side speakers weren't high quality. I checked all of the connections and they are tight. Do I need a service call ($80 if nothing wrong) fron AT&T, or a visit from Best Buy or Jim's TV to check it out (cost unknown)? My amp is a Marantz and has been great. If I rent a surround sound DVD from Blockbuster and the volume is ok won't that prove that my amp is OK and it's their signal? Do amp's volumes just fade to half and still sound good but too low? I thought it would just quit if it went bad. Is it possible I am getting sound, but not surround sound signals from AT&T? TIA

Brainwasher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Luke
I assume you are talking about an AVR. What brand/model is your AVR that is hooked up to your uverse box? And how is it connected : HDMI, component?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbob7777