What's new

AT&T doubles smaller data plan packages till 10/31/14 (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Yesterday I saw online that as of this week folks with plans lower than 15GB are being offered the double the data promo that only the higher plans have on promotion.

In other words, I did have a 10GB plan, but as of today, I was able to get 20G for the same price. Basically they are trying to compete with the new Sprint deals.

Only problem is that you really have to dig in to get the deal. Normal CSR's aren't offering it. You have to call or chat online with the "retention" group. Even some of them don't know about any "deal". So you may have to try 2-3 times like I did,

The deal end 10/31/14. So if you want those extra GB's, start calling! Note there is no added costs involved.

Patrick Mason

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
Wow. Thank you so much for posting this, Alf! Just got off the phone with AT&T and got the same amazing deal.

Until a couple of months ago I had been on a really old plan with only 2GB. I'm now paying the same price for 20GB.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
We just upgraded from a 300MB/mo individual data plan to the 2GB family share plan. Are you saying that we should call back and ask for a 4 GB family share plan, at the same price?

Paul D G

Screenwriter
My company just worked out a discount with ATT so I went to apply it. We had a 4GB plan but I found I could up to 10GB for less money, so I did. Today ATT is now offering 15GB for the same price as 10GB so I upgraded again. 15GB for $100.

My wife and I barely use 1GB between the two of us, but we're getting our 12yr old a phone for Christmas so the extra gigs should help!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Should also have tethering (let your iPad share your iPhone's data by local wifi).

I took at look at the plans available to me, since upgrading to the 3GB family plan. The 1 GB seems to be deprecated, since it's more expensive than my current 3GB. 6 GB is the next step, then 10GB, then 15GB. The price steps make it very tempting to all the way up to 15GB, if you want more than 3 GB.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks