What's new

...at last: TOTAL RECALL-SE.... (1 Viewer)

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Ah, the memories. This was the first movie I saw in the theater without adult supervision. I was 14
eek.gif
I'm definitely picking this one up.
Visions of tri-boobie lady dancing in my head...
------------------
This screen has been formatted to fit your movie.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I wonder what the commentary will say about the ridiculous eye-bulging effects at the end. The entire theater was convulsed with laughter when we saw this. Just about the worst special effects since, oh, Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe or Cat-Women of the Moon.
------------------
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Now it makes sense why Best Buy had this for sale this week for $8.99!! Glad I didn't buy it either.
Darren, that was exactly my thought when I found out about this. Glad I didn't pick up Total Recall when I saw it in their circular!
------------------
"The last thing I want to remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth." - Del Griffith
Link Removed - updated 6/16/01 with SVSubwoofer pics
my DVD collection

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
That package is totally awesome!! Now only if the film was the Directors cut, and a blind hope, DTS! Still awesome packaging, you have to love it when the company actually puts some creativity behind there work and not just release the show with bad everything (MGM)...

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
LOL!!
They have GOT to be kidding! The moment I saw that DVD case I belly-laughed like a toddler. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because it resembles the bright red ass of a baboon. Now I can't get that red, bulging monstrosity out of my head. Is that photo for real?!
I like Total Recall. Really, I do. But this box has got to be the most lurid, gasp-inducing, B-movie packaging I've seen in a long time... possibly ever. On the other hand, it is a fitting portrayal of the movie within.
Time to get my red baboon aaaaass to Maaaaas!
P.S. Basic Instinct SE has a collectible ice pick?! LOL again!!

DarrenA

Second Unit
I'm not sure why Studios keep thinking they have to reinvent the wheel with this DVD packaging nonsense. I'm hoping as well that the picture shown above is a joke. It looks ridiculous, and will undoubtedly look completely out of place in most peoples DVD racks.
------------------
DarrenA
The Academy Home Theater

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
It looks ridiculous, and will undoubtedly look completely out of place in most people's DVD racks.
Unless, of course, most people's DVD racks include sculptures of large, red baboon asses. As I'm sure they must.
Arnold's reaction to the new packaging:
quaidpain.gif

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
This has to be the most clunky looking "limited edition" I've seen in a long time. It looks like a store pack, where you throw the bottom away when you get home.
And I thought the "Candy" tin looked bad!
Bleddyn
------------------

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
This is one SE case I can do without. I presume the Keepcase version will be available concurrently...Baboons' Ass........hmmmm ...and an Ice Pick-sheesh!...now for that leg-crossing screen in even greater detail...
biggrin.gif

------------------

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
/me runs over to register BaboonAssDVDSculpture.com
Now I'm going to be tempted to work 'Baboon's red ass' into conversation today. This will be difficult.
------------------
Bombardment Society - Member

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
I've always liked this movie, and would like to own a copy of the SE. But if that silly tin case is the only packaging in which it'll be available, I can do without. What's wrong with a good 'ole keepcase?

Kevin_M_M

Stunt Coordinator
Never fear, I'm sure some fanatic dvd fan with some photoshop skills will give us printable covers of both Total Recall and Basic Instinct, not to mention hopefully Goonies.
Anyone around planning on helping out? I really don't want to display a baboon ass!
------------------
They mostly come at night. Mostly... - Newt
DVD Collection

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I really love this packaging - it looks like a giant strepsil to me. :)
Just love that description:
"Round metal container is bumpy like the surface of Mars"
laugh.gif

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
At first glance I found this case sort of cool, unnecessary, but cool. Now I can't get that babboon's ass out of my head. After I buy this DVD I will no doubt start cracking up every time I see it on the shelf. Thanks for ruining my "T" section!!
furious.gif

biggrin.gif

------------------
"You know, there's a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But they
don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of 'em just cheat on you."
Optimus Prime Films

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508