At last! Sensible packaging for 2 packs/boxes that doesn't snap into a million pieces

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Johnny G, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Johnny G

Johnny G Supporting Actor

How many times have you opened up a double pack like Se7en or a box set like X-Files to find the dreaded clear dvd holder to show the picture behind it and the bloody clasps are snapped off and the disc falls out?

This started years ago when CD trays changed from black/grey to clear, it's pretty obvious that clear plastic doesn't have the same flexibility properties as a durable black plastic.

Thankfully the Australians have got it right for the Back to the future 3 disc set, it has the usual clear backing to show the picture behind but the central portion is made of a different flexible colorless plastic which sits in the center of the clear plastic and releases the disc with a hinged mechanism.

I hope the Americans take note & adopt the same packaging as once the clasps have snapped off, you can't just replace the case like with an amaray or snapper, you have to send the whole thing back & wait for a replacement.

2. Tony Scello

Tony Scello Second Unit

This sounds like a very good idea for this type of packaging but I believe Region 1 is getting Back to the Future in a triple Alpha case unlike other regions.

3. Johnny G

Johnny G Supporting Actor

Yes I've seen the Reg 1 BTTF art, I wasn't really comparing that particular title, just box sets in general.